Electrical Question

W

wawazat

Has anyone else experienced this?

If my car sits for more than two days, it will require a jump to start up; but if I start it every day, I would never know this problem existed.
The car's battery is about two years old and works fine in other cars. Also, no new accessories have been added that might be causing this to happen. I know it's an electrical gremlin somewhere, but if anyone has an idea on where I should start looking, it would be greatly appreciated.

Try disconnecting the fan delay relay and see if the problem goes away....also be sure the underhood light is not staying on.

Use an ammeter on it and disconnect the positive cable and put it in series with that and the battery.

Start on the 10 ampere scale and work your way down.

Make sure the doors and trunk are shut, no accessories on, and pull the bulb from the underhood lamp.

Current draw with everything off should be under 100 millivolts.

If you find a larger draw start pulling fuses one at a time until it goes away and that will identify the offending circuitry.

Don't open the car door with the meter hooked up to the lower milliampere scales it will seriously peg it. :eek:

Disconnect the battery while opening the door and pulling fuses, then reconnect it to test. :)