You can type here any text you want

Electronic help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Well, my stereo (Kenwood) went out, No sound out of any speaker all of a sudden. Got the unit apart and I can see a few transistors and a big @$$ transistor (10 wire?) bolted to a heat sink. I think the large transistor is most likely bad?
I got nothing to loose and would like to replace it and see what happens. Anyone have an electronics background and have some input?
I already got another unit but, I am tinkerer and trying to learn something in the process.

The big transistor is an audio IC. If your Kenwood is a high power unit and has no output, it is most likely bad. Take your head unit to a shop to have it replaced. It died for some reason, so the rest of the unit needs to be checked out. The IC could also be superseeded by a newer model. Besides, a normal person cannot normally get their hands on an IC.
John

grab a ohm meter and check to see if any speaker leads are shorted.then play with radio.one speaker/lead shorted will put radio ic in protection mode(off).

Back