Engine ground wires question

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
The previous owner has the ground wires that are usually on the back of the passenger side head attached to the intake bolt right behind the #6 injector. Is this an ok location or should i move them ?

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 312
  • photo (10).jpg
    photo (10).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 328
I wish I got this kind of response when I posted my ground issues two weeks ago. Anyway, I had my transmission removed/replaced and somehow the braided strap came undone from the head shortly there after. Attaching it to the stud on the back of the intake worked for about a day. Only after I attached it to the back of the head did the car run right. I struggled with a screw in the hole in the head closest to the coil pack. I think there was some casting that was interfering with my wrench. I see in the pic that there is also a hole for a screw just under the valve cover, closer to the driver side fender. Anybody know the size screw I need?

You have to replace the intake bolt (too short to use with the Grd wires) with a stud, 2 nuts, 3 washers. Worked for me the past 10 years.
Mitch

I wish I got this kind of response when I posted my ground issues two weeks ago. Anyway, I had my transmission removed/replaced and somehow the braided strap came undone from the head shortly there after. Attaching it to the stud on the back of the intake worked for about a day. Only after I attached it to the back of the head did the car run right. I struggled with a screw in the hole in the head closest to the coil pack. I think there was some casting that was interfering with my wrench. I see in the pic that there is also a hole for a screw just under the valve cover, closer to the driver side fender. Anybody know the size screw I need?

that strap isnt supposed to be on the driverside head
its supposed to be under the top left bellhousing bolt and run up to the firewall and connected under the 10mm headed bolt along with the powermaster ground

that strap isnt supposed to be on the driverside head
its supposed to be under the top left bellhousing bolt and run up to the firewall and connected under the 10mm headed bolt along with the powermaster ground

Really? I looked at my other GN which is totally stock and I thought it was bolted to the head. This would certainly explain why it was just hanging there after the transmission install. I will have to re-do the strap. Also, that was interesting regarding the intake stud being too short, which explains why grounding the strap to the stud on the intake didn't do much for my car.

The previous owner has the ground wires that are usually on the back of the passenger side head attached to the intake bolt right behind the #6 injector. Is this an ok location or should i move them ?

mine has been that way for 10 yrs and no problems