You can type here any text you want

Engine Grounds and Igntion Problems???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brn agn

Where are the engine grounds located on the TTA's? To give you a little background, I was having idle problems and a slight off-idle hesitation that appeared to be igntion related. I swapped in a used Coilpak/Igntion Module I bought from Red Regal T and the car ran great...for about 3 days. Then it started hesitating again. So I thought I would check all the grounds. The only engine ground I could find was going from the intake manifold (on the passenger side of the engine) to the firewall. I cleaned all of the connections including the module to bracket and bracket to plenum. It seemed to help a little, but it may just be my imagination. I don't want to buy a new module until I am certain that something else isn't taking them out. Thanks in advance!

brn agn,

Don't know if I can help you on the locations of the stock grounds, to be honest I have never pulled out my engine so I have never had to undo all of the wiring. The only one I was sure of was the one where you described. If you guess you have a ground problem I would get a nice heavy gauge wire and make one on a temporary basis, somewhere between the block and frame. If things clear up then worry about hunting down the factory ones.

Just a thought.

Latter,

Brent

teres also a ground from the battery to the turbo shiled mount, on the PS head. AND one small wire from the battery to the PS fender.

L8R

Thanks for the replies, I will check the grounds from the battery. I think I will run a temporary ground, plus one from one of the three studs on the ignition module to the firewall and see if the problem goes away. Thanks for advice.

Back