You can type here any text you want

Engine Harness question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

montecarlofast

740 ftlb Rocket Couch
So im in the process of swaping a 87 harness into my 85 T Type (with all the 87 engine fuel and exhaust to go with it) and the crank trigger connector that came with my engine I bought is smaller, and a different style plug than any of the regular GM weatherpack plugs on my harness. am i missing a part or do i just splice a female end on my harness? what should the colors be on the crank Trig sensor and what should they be on the engine Harness?

So just looking on line I can refine my question. Will an 85 Crank sensor work on an 87 ecm and wiring harness? Can i splice them or is the 87 different. looks just like a hall effect magnetic pickup to me but i could be wrong.

they are for the most the same ..just a hall effect sensor
youll have to splice the wires to use the 85 sensor with an 87 harness
or swap in an 87 style sensor

I was wondering if that project was going to make it all the way to running. How is it going ?

Hows it going Albert! its about 85 percent there. the only days I can work on it are sundays. so thats why its been slow. Im shooting to trailer it up to the GS Nats in may. it will be in stock tune other than my 5 inch dwn pipe and 4 inch exaust. and bore boost and fuel pressure. Looks like the E85 thing went really good. Goot times laid down and all. whats next?

Back