You can type here any text you want

Engine hold down strap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Can someone shoot me a picture of where the engine hold-down strap is supposed to go? I'm interested in one but am unsure where it secures.

If you don't have a cracked belt tensioner, then ditch the tie down strap. Stupidest thing to put on the car. Just replace the driver's side motor mount with a poly mount and be done with the rattle. And if it still shakes, replace the passenger side as well.

Can someone shoot me a picture of where the engine hold-down strap is supposed to go? I'm interested in one but am unsure where it secures.
Don't have a pic handy but it hooks into a slot in the frame behind the front wheel. If you look you will see it clear as day. The important thing is not to cinch it down so tight or the likelihood of breakage increases. Having said that, it is a band-aid and the real fix is to replace the motor mount instead, like trixdout said.

Here you go best spot I can think of!!
bb2758ca68858a73b84a9994afabe686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, how about I burn it instead and get those poly mounts

Another option is one of these!! Don't mind the ticket but the brace is pretty strong.
315df75b99aa4946f5d6ac7c1d4547a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You remove the top bolt attaching the alternator to it's bracket, and replace it with a bolt with an eye in it. Then the ratchet strap gets attached to the eye and one of the holes on the frame down by the DS front wheel. You can make it out in this picture of my white Limited if you look closely...

Engine-L.jpg

It's mid-90's TB tech and really has no place on a modern car as it likes to break parts. I took it off this car a week or so ago. You can have the strap and the eye bolt for the price of shipping.

Back