You can type here any text you want

Engine oil pump question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clark6

First off let me say the picture is very blurry, but could anyone tell me does this peep hole or seep whole is suppose to be showing on the bottom of the oil pump where the filter screws onto? if anyone will go out & look under their car when they get a chance i'll really appreciate it. i have oil coming out of mine under slight boost but not at idle or when i first crank up(60psi) i get up under there and dry it and i have no leak go around town and come back i have slight oil left on my filter & the bottom of this thing i originally thought it was the turbo drain tube leaking but its not, its blowin back on my alternator on down to my crossover pipe. not the valve covers they are dry as a powder house. so its got to be this any idea about this hole there's an indention shaped like a horse shoe or a U in the gasket, but wondering if its suppose to be showing thanks.

I wonder if i could plug it? or will that cause problems?

Attachments

• EBAY 031.jpg
    EBAY 031.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 222
  • EBAY 034.jpg
    EBAY 034.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 215
Do you mean the U shaped cut out of the gasket? Very hard to tell with those pics. Try to get some better ones. IF its what it looks like to my eyes, which is a cut or tear or something U shaped in the gasket then that shouldnt be there. BUT like I said its hard too see with those pics.

Is that a gasket from a high volume pump kit? It looks like the notch where the locating roll pin would go. You may have the wrong gasket on the pump cover.

Is that a gasket from a high volume pump kit? It looks like the notch where the locating roll pin would go. You may have the wrong gasket on the pump cover.

yes it is the high volume pump ive took 50 pics almost i can get none of them to come out clear , the camera's too close to the car makin it fuzzy these are the best two i can come up with.

Attachments

• EBAY 031.jpg
    EBAY 031.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 191
  • EBAY 051.jpg
    EBAY 051.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 188
Do you mean the U shaped cut out of the gasket? Very hard to tell with those pics. Try to get some better ones. IF its what it looks like to my eyes, which is a cut or tear or something U shaped in the gasket then that shouldnt be there. BUT like I said its hard too see with those pics.

yes the u shape in the gasket looks like it was pre cut and made specifically for that or you couldnt see the hole in the plate or its just a coincidence that one over laps the other. i cant remember whether my last one was like that or not. I'll call the builder & ask.:confused:

yes the u shape in the gasket looks like it was pre cut and made specifically for that or you couldnt see the hole in the plate or its just a coincidence that one over laps the other. i cant remember whether my last one was like that or not. I'll call the builder & ask.:confused:

I can snap a pic of my spare Hi-Vol setup tomorrow for you to compare to if that will help? Something is fishy?

Yes thank you very much. i appreciate it that'll give me something to go by.

i agree with mike,looks like the gasket for the hv kit.

yes thats what i have the high volume oil pump. thats what im trying to figure do i need a nother gasket, plug this one or pull the whole thing. and does it suppose to be there in that particular position i would think the whole gasket should be covered i wonder if it needs clocking or adjusted over some to cover that hole but then again i dont know if that would work unless i can see the pic of another installed.

i saw this before i installed the engine and wondered was it ok. but i said well if it leaks i'll call the builder back i put oil in everything and watched that part, it never leaked at least not that i noticed i have valve cover gasket leak problems but got those fixed 400 miles later im noticing this also may have contributed to the oil leaks i was finding, you know fix one at a time and go from there well this is the final area or a good oil filter seal (still not quite sure) that im finding that leaks , hope its the last one. fixing the problem has always been the easiest for me on ANYTHING but finding them well that could take some time.

Is the Hi-Vol cover you have a 1 peice like stock or one of those extension kits I've heard of (but never seen) with longer gears & a plate (or something like that?)

i thought i saw some antifreeze leakin on the bottom of the WP too... just saying..

i thought i saw some antifreeze leakin on the bottom of the WP too... just saying..
yes my reservoir cap came off (small one in place of alky) and radiator fluid came out some i caught it put it back on & filled her back up just a spot i missed i guess thanks for the look out.

I called the builder back today he said he saw that & saw where some leaked & some didnt, he said the gasket kit that come with the hi volume kit has two with it, one for the stock configuration and the other for the adapter plate, he's gonna send me the gasket for the other one & said that he was sorry and it should fix my problem, thanks J- a- sixx. I feel a whole lot better now , now on to the next problem, i hope this winds them up... thanks to all.

The hi-vol kit I had placed the roll pin holes in the spacer plate where they were covered by the filter adapter once it was installed. I think they were pre-drilled. Yours may not have been pre-drilled and the machinist just picked a bad place to put the pins.

Back