You can type here any text you want

Engine rebuild- need some input

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6cutlass

Some of you may have seen my first thread from a few days ago asking for some advice on choosing a cam. Definetly had some good advice. However I am rebuilding this motor. After buying a 70mm turbo off a relative the mechanic working on my car got to impulsive and now got myself a little headache. To much details to go into. Anyways for those of you who asked my goals with this car I now have the opportunity to respond. When purchasing this turbo there was no set goal in mind on what to achieve from it. Everyone knows in this world you can't jus buy something and expect it to do what you want. But here's the goal with the car and it definetly does not seem far fetched. Low 11'S or mid 11 1/4 miles. Will it do better, can it do better, well it's based on input from here... I want to port the stock heads as mentioned in the last thread, I did upgrade fuel pump already I know I have to upgrade injectors. Now my next choices I need to make are my crank and cam. Should I upgrade to the stroker from gn1 performance or should I stay stock. As for cam I've had some good input so far but more would be appreciated. I would like to start putting a list together of what adjustments I may need to make in relation to the parts I order. Remember I'm not trying to break any world records here lol... I wish I remembered the gearing I have on the car... hopefully the next few days I'll be able to let you know... weather down here in south florida is unpredictable and I have my car hidden far from my residence and for those of you who know driving in the rain in miami makes a 20mins trip 2hours

Your goals 11/ mid 11s you don't need 70mm turbo. It will be a turd on the street! Stock bottom end will work fine at the level get a 58 billet turbo a true 28/3000 stall from Dusty 206/206 roll cam will be fine. That's an easy 11s combo. That's if your staying with stock heads. Ported I go with a 62/series turbo. Good luck and more experience members will give you more detailed combo to use

That is some good advice from Kandc7, but don't forget to put all the info in your signature. It helps us (old guys) not to get confused w/the different builds we're offering advice on. lol! Basicly, we won't have to refer to other threads for the info. But you finally have a goal to work with. Can you state which 70 series turbo you purchased? If it is journal or bb?

Back