You can type here any text you want

Engine RPM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

007gn

How can I increase my engine rpm goin thru the 1/4 without changing my 3:42 or goin to a shorter tire . The car has the basic tt chip and alky. My rear tire is 295-55-15 Hoosier drag radial

leave it in D
dont lock the converter
or
more boost =more hp =go faster =more rpm at traps

really dont know why you think you need more RPM??
my biggest goal was less rpm at traps (was over 6200 at 130 on a 28 ,3.42 and 3rd gear) so went with a low slip converter and then i ended up dropping the rear gear ratio , now trap is 5800 and mph is now up 14 mph

if you're just after a higher rpm at the top of the shift ( which is not what your post asked ) governor weighting could do it but its best to experiment by just manually shift the gears and see if the car likes the higher rpm and what rpm is ideal .

Last edited:
Th
leave it in D
dont lock the converter
or
more boost =more hp =go faster =more rpm at traps

really dont know why you think you need more RPM??
my biggest goal was less rpm at traps (was over 6200 at 130 on a 28 ,3.42 and 3rd gear) so went with a low slip converter and then i ended up dropping the rear gear ratio , now trap is 5800 and mph is now up 14 mph

if you're just after a higher rpm at the top of the shift ( which is not what your post asked ) governor weighting could do it but its best to experiment by just manually shift the gears and see if the car likes the higher rpm and what rpm is ideal .

Thanks guys I'll do some more testing to be sure to see where my rpms are when going thru the traps. I think it's between 53&5700.but I was thinking with my 215/220 camshaft that It should be around 6000?but I'll know for sure when I go back to the track.

i run that full throttle roller cam with 1.55 T+Ds on irons in my 86 , 234cube
shifting 1-2 5700 2-3 5900 and trapping 5800 ,th400 RMVB ,rpm logged on xfi,
running M+H 275/55-16 on gtas
my ptc 9.5 from dusty couples about 5300-5350 at current power level so shifts need to be above that ,usually you want around 600 at the shift drop.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I'll do some more testing to be sure to see where my rpms are when going thru the traps. I think it's between 53&5700.but I was thinking with my 215/220 camshaft that It should be around 6000?but I'll know for sure when I go back to the track.
Is your bottom end built or stock?

Back