You can type here any text you want

Engine swap question 4th gen camaro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lt1z28m6

I have a 4th generation 94 LT1 z28 6spd, My question is can i swap the 3.8 turbo GN engine into my camaro and keep the 6speed trans? If not is there an alternative? Also how difficult and expensive would this swap be? Any one know of any potential problems with doing this swap? Any info anyone has is greatly apreciated:)

Thanks

I have thought of a swap like this also. You'll get a lot of people telling you it isn't worth it. Especially with a 6spd. I still like the idea though.

The T-56 won't bolt up because of the bell housing. I think a T-5 bell housing will. There is an aftermarket supplier that lets you use a conventional clutch. I'd have to see if I can dig it up. But the bell housing is much beefier than the stock one.

It'll cost a lot. Steve Kaminski has done many swaps and shows up here every once in awhile, maybe he can shed some light on this.

Most of the objection to the manual transmission is due to the spool of the turbo....The automatic keeps the spool up for optimum boost....The shift point of the manual would interrupt the spool, affecting boost levels in all but the most aggressive power shifts. :) turbobuicks.com has a forum about this type of swap.

Back