Engine tie down

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
What kind of engine tie down is everybody using.. ratchet type, stealth type, or any other?

Thanks,
Bo

tie down

I used the rachet type they used on the GN's. My dad and I had to fabricate a bracket out of 1/4" plate steel to make it work. I took the bracket and bolted it to back of alternator and then hooked to strap. Other end of strap went to hole in crossover on drivers side. Helps my Dad is a machinest. I could ask him to make a another bracket for a couple of bucks. I can try to get a pic of mine if your interested. I been surfin this board for over 2 yrs now and have not seen a better set up o a TTA than what my dad and I came up with yet.;)

Homemade of polished stainless steel, adj.
Don´t know the name in english but you use them on sailing boats, one end is right turn and the other one left.

Go to home depot and get a stainless eyebolt.Install it facing rearward on the upper bolt of the alternator..in other words,remove the upper alt bolt and on its place the eyebolt :)

Then get a heavy duty strap and attach one end to the eyebolt and the other end to the crossmember.There is a hole in the back bottom of the crossmember rite under the proportioning valve..and ratchet away :)..You cannot see the hole from up top..can only see it from the bottom of the car.

I believe the eyebolt was 5/16 and a couple nuts and washers.

HTH