You can type here any text you want

Engine value

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thomas_quinn

I picked up a turbo engine out of a riviera the other day it has 40k on it, what is it worth? Do you think its worth more selling the parts seperate or the whole engine as one piece? Also got a new radiator in a box and a spare carb and intake with it what are these pieces worth. Thanks trying to get money for a gn or ttype.

I guess it depends on why you bought it and what do you want to do with it. I also have 2 Riv carb turbo engines and I hate to say it but it appears they are worth more if you part them out. The only part getting the big money is the crankshaft. With some work the long blocks will interchange with the Regals and of course the carbs and the CHRA will also work on the Regals. Thanks Eric Fisher.

I will probally part it then, I would keep it but making 100 a week kinda makes it hard to save for a ttype or gn.

I might be interested in the whole motor. What are you asking for it?

I want $500 for the motor and a brand new radiator in a box dont know what it works on but the guy bought it for a turbo rivieria. Only thing that I can see that is wrong is the turbo controler box is cracked. I just unloaded it from my truck and its under a tarp. If I cant get that much I will end up parting it. Found a car I want just need $

I would consider $350-$400. I don't know much about the Turbo Riv's, but I should be able to bolt my 82 turbo carb'd intake onto it I'd think. Do you know if the heads are the same? Was this motor carb'd or FI? Can anybody chime in??
Thanx

The 82-83 Riv turbo set up is different then the Regals. Your intake will bolt on but the Riv turbo wont. It has a different compressor housing and wastegate elbow. You can use the long block though. All you should have to do is plug the turbo drain back hole on the back(bellhousing) side of the block. The only big differences between the two are the exhaust and induction set ups. Thanks Eric Fisher

It would be good to know the year of the engine. With Casting numbers off the intake and block I could ID it.

Eric basically said this already, but I'll repeat it. The Regal (all RWD's actually) and Riviera share the same long block (block heads, internals), it's the bolt on stuff that's different. TRivs came out in '79, so they will all have the "free-breathing" heads. If it's a '79, the knock sensor is on the cast iron intake. The block would need a hole drilled and tapped for the '80+ knock sensor (not a big deal).

Thanx b4black, I was hoping you would chime in. The motor came out of a 84TRiv. I should be ok. I have an 82 TRSC w/ 54K. It blew #5 piston and the body is really shot, so now it has become a donor to a rust free 84 NA regal I am going to clone. It is 100% complete, thus I have all the bolt on items I need. I suspect the knock sensor will be in the block and according to Turbofish38 I will need to block the oil return in the rear of the block. I do have another question, was the 84 TRiv Carb'd or FI? Will I need to replace the cam to make it compatible with my carb'd set up if it was FI?
Any tips are appreciated.

Back