ESC counts high at startup!!

jkdturbo6

Turbolink shows ESC counts high at startup!!

I just changed the spark plugs and wires and when I first start the car the ESC counts were at 203!!! Before the change, ESC was at 2. On a warm start ESC hits 3

The car is all stock. The plugs I installed are AC/Delco CR43TS with a .035 tight gap. The wires are the High performance Mags from Kirbans.

What gives!!! Is it the wires or the plugs!!! Should I try it with the old wires first and check the numbers... then put the old plugs back in? Need Help!!!

Here's my Turbolink data..
Startup Idle
RPM 1450 775
TPS .43 .43
MAF 10 5
INT 128 124
BLM 116 122
RTD 0 0
ESC 203 3
MAT 62 77
CTS 62 192
IAC 150 50
EGR 0 0

Also, can anyone confirm if the Kirban High performane MAG wires are Magnecores or something else?

If anyone has the Kirban wires, I'd like to hear some thoughts on them....

ESC counts often occur during startup due to the noise that the starter makes while turning the flywheel.

The number "sticks" ... it counts up to 255 and rolls over to 0 and starts over. It's not a delta (change) of counts from frame to frame, but a cumulative number.

From that, I don't see anything wrong with the numbers you posted ...

Ken

Thanks for your timely reply.... I feel a whole lot better... I thought something was wrong after replacing the plugs and wires!!

Just to clarify what you are saying.... the only way to get the ESC values recycled then is to turn the car off and then restart. I see when I do this the number is much lower around 3.

While we are on the subject, what's normal for these values while driving and while getting into the boost?

Thanks again.