Ethanol on ethanol

fog

I have a SII setup, where intercooling is not possible, and it will run on E100. Would it make sense, to inject some of it, say 25% well upstream to cool the air?.

Right now I have 2 044 bosch pumps(total 520lph) and 6 150lb injectors(total 576lph). So I'm good up to 90%DC on the 6.
I would eventually(2012) like to step up to 1000bhp area, so the plan is not to fabricate something I would need to strip later:

This year: additional two injector holder with one dummy and one 150lb injector upstream fed from fuel rail.

That would give me at 100% duty on the one(will be phased in with bigstuff-s 7th injector duty% table) and 73% duty on the others = minimal 18% of fuel "up front".

Next season I can add 3rd pump and wire in the dummy. Then I can get up to 100% duty on all 8 and minimal "up front" injecting will be 25%

Would this make sense?

Why not just inject Meth to act as the intercooler and leave the fuel to the injectors? I dropped off 30% in IDC by running two 15gph nozzles and it's better at cooling the intake charge vs E85.

Julio can hook you up with a twin nozzle setup to put the freeze on those MAT's. If you wanna push it some more, get a third nozzle and go Preturbo with a 2gph via a distribution block. :eek::cool:

Why not just inject Meth to act as the intercooler and leave the fuel to the injectors? I dropped off 30% in IDC by running two 15gph nozzles and it's better at cooling the intake charge vs E85.

Julio can hook you up with a twin nozzle setup to put the freeze on those MAT's. If you wanna push it some more, get a third nozzle and go Preturbo with a 2gph via a distribution block. :eek::cool:

I was not talking about E85, I'm running plain Ethanol.

One 150lb injector will flow 25.3GPH. Two will be 50.6GPH

Methanol and Ethanol are quite similar, and using the latter will eliminate second fluid system.

Ethanol specific heat is 1.925J*cm3*K and evaporative heat is 663.55J*cm3
Methanol specific heat is 2.056J*cm3*K and evaporative heat is 874.17J*cm3

So it is about third worse than methanol, meaning instead of 15GPH I should use 20GPH.

Or in other words, the 150lb injector(this year) at 100%DC will equal 19.2GPH meth nozzle. and two of them next year will equal 38.4GPH meth.

Sure. I cant see a problem. And yes it will cool the charge.

Just mount your IAT sensor after the injectors and that way you can watch the temp drop.

Only issue is controlling the injectors. And flushing out the system.

Sure. I cant see a problem. And yes it will cool the charge.

Just mount your IAT sensor after the injectors and that way you can watch the temp drop.

Only issue is controlling the injectors. And flushing out the system.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, IAT sensor is at the doghouse. Injectors will be about a foot away from TB.

Controlling is issue yes. I think those cant be run from engine injector duty because from my calculations air speed in the intake is so great that let's say 50% duty, 2 of the cylinders will be dry. Even if I would run them from #1 and #4. So they need to be as "on-off" as possible.

BS3 has aux injector table based on RPM, and I'm planning to phase those in as soon as possible so I would not have to deal with switching points under boost. Also, the range should be minimal I think. 0% at 4000 and 100% at 4250.
On the main fuel table, all values need to drop Z*6/8 at the same range, to equal out.

I just need to do some testing with the BS3. Nowhere is written, is TPS also playing a role in the aux injector table. I could end up flooding the engine on part throttle. For example while doing burnout.

I'll play Devils Advocate for you. ;)

Ah, missed the E100 part, but like you showed, it's still less effective at doing what you want, cooling. Then, are you really saving yourself any headaches, two systems that is, since Alky is setup to come on only during a specified boost # and won't tax your Bosch 044's for WOT volume?

2 extra injectors, bungs, injector harness, new fuel map and time to dial it in, more volume taken from Bosch 044's at WOT.

I have three systems and I think your future route would be more of a pain.

But it will work if you dial it in. LOL:cool:

Then I was going to ask where you getting E100, then saw you're in Europe.