You can type here any text you want

ever run a SUPRA???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HGturboT

HomeGrownPerformanceLV
I was crusin the strip lookin for some new victoms and came across a couple of HONDAS. as i was calling them out there happened to be a SUPRA in front of them, so he got the whistle of death too. he then pulled up next to me and said "if that dosen't run 11.80s don't waste my time" and then i new he was bluffing. i told him to fallow me to a street. Just for the record my car had a fresh 200 w/3000 stall and very stock. we lined up and i gave him the go, i got to excited and got the car to wave it's ass in one spot. his passinger buddy(drunk) talking how his honda would smoke me, so i asked to go again on a roll. I pulled away hard and was just antisipating the supra pull, and left the car in 3rd starting to red line so i got off the gas put in 4th as he got next to me, i then started pulling again and got the victory.. they had a 88 "TOY" with a single t60 (unknown brand) and other minor mods, and me everything stock with no tires fresh tranny, 17#s of boost on 112 gas. felt very good...

You should have told him that 11.80s in the 1/8 is not that fast. Good kill!:)

Well, I have run a Supra 96 that was bone stock 2 times.

It was at a track we have here in Sweden. I was bone stock also.

I run a 9.09 vs his 9.30:s... so stock Supras is not so fast that you may think (not if they are stock)

Ah, I was at the track yesterday, run a 8.86. My mods are a cat pipe and kn-filter, boost was a bit lower than orginal boost. Around 15-15.5. Misserably traction on that street, I spun the whole 1 gear if I tryed to start with more than 1500 rpm... Strange, i guess we doing to much torque :)

Daniel

i kinda figured i was faster (especially if i had tires) and i asume those models arn't as quick as the last model, but with his turbo and by me pulling again after messing up, i was happy
:D :D

yeah don't even think about running a modded MKIV model Supra dude...factory stock they run mid 13's and have 320 horses...with stupid mods like we do to our cars they can run low 12's all day long...but alot are faster than that

better have some decent mods if you want to run a MKIV, no less than 20 psi!

88 supra was in the 15's stock so even lightly breathed it woulda been all you.

In Sweden we have Europes fastest Mark 4 Supra. It runs 9.8:s something. Pretty good! I have now looked at the Supra I run. It wasnt 9.3 it run it was only 9.7 and a mph at 77.5. And yes, it was the 330 hp Supra...

Daniel

I got a hold of a MKIV Supra a few years back. Had racegas and good tires. I went hunting all night with no success, disappointed I burned up $50 worth of gas I decided to head home. Sure enough, I pull up to a white TT Supra right as the light goes green. I start to get up next to it to see if it would play and before I could even get even I heard the turbos spool and it took off. I walked it like it was standing still and slowed way down for it to catch up. It went past me and took the only open lane. When that light went green I had to backpedal to keep from rear ending it and when I got around the car next to me I politely put my blinker on and went around it. I noticed a girl in the passenger seat, figured her dad was driving. I went to flip a U and go back home and as I did I noticed the driver was also a girl. Weird. And I thought that was the end of that but a month later at a party I pull up and see a white Supra parked outside and see the same girls inside. I played it dumb and asked if the car was fast and a few other stupid questions. Finally I asked if they had raced an ugly black car recently. Right away they realized who I was and asked how big my motor was. I replied about the same size as yours but with a much bigger turbo. They were laughing about how I used my blinker to go around them, admitted the passenger made a comment about how bad they were going to smoke me, and wanted a ride but I had a girlfriend at the time. BTW, it was her mother's Supra.

nice kill man, ive seen that white supra before, he seemed like he had something pretty good for a while but now that i know you smoked him i know i would destroy him. he's never steped to me but im sure he'll think twice before trying to bluff a TR out of a race. and another thing stock supra or modded supra i would never bow down to one of those things especially at a light. I would hand him his ass on a silver platter after he tries to fly right by me at 130mph after the race is over. HA HA HA cant wait for the west coast nationals, im hyped up to go heads up with a bunch of supras more than anything. This is going to be great lets see how many supra emblems ill walk out with after the event. HE HE HE HE HE HA HA HA HA HA HA

Good kill man!!!! my self beeing an mk4 owner i enjoy the competition;) although the one you beat was a mk3 not nearly as potent to the mk4's.

ive got a couple of kills my self on sunday in the supdawg!!!

1st. kill
ferrari f355 spyder got him by 4-6 cars both on a roll and from a dead stop. he says hes running 12.5 i belive him since his got an insane silver supra ready to run 9's this weekend the guys rich.

2nd. kill

03 corvett zosick as i call them (z06):D same out come it was closer from a dead stop than a roll. he jumped me in both situation's by half a car but i spooled quickly then it was over. hey dont they run mid 12's with the average joe. heh it's different in the track though.

hey wicked lv i might take u up on the serving you have ready for me this weekend!!!;) :D really my car doesnt have much done too it just a loose vaccume hose dangling around!!!! JK well see ya there who ever is going to be at the lms this weekend later guys.

I raced a '96 with a 6sp. The guy just came off the dyno that day and put down 580 at the wheels. I beat him 3 times from a 40mph roll and one from a dead stop.

Wasn't even close...

Had we been on the interstate and raced from county to county then it would have been all him. But when it comes to light to light racing the GN is KING!

Q: What is the difference between a 400hp and an 800hp Supra?

A: About 4 tenths in the quarter.

In all seriousness, the Supra's are awesomw cars but are pretty much worthless for dragracing. The combination of an IRS and a 6 speed manual transmission on a turbo car just doesn't work very good for a strait line. They are capable of producing some serious power though and when they are actually built for the 1/4 mile (Powerglide and 9" ford?) they are simply insane. There is a Supra in Tucson with a claimed 1,000 hp (liscense plate read 1K HP) that only ran 11's at around 136 mph.

As I said before, Sweden has Europes fastest Supra. It has a bit over 1000 hp on the engine, and run some high 9:s. Its a automatic btw.

So, the Supra CAN be run fast, but it cost alot. Mostly times a mild modded Supra only run like 8.5-9 sekunds in the 1/8...

Daniel

Any streetracing in Sweeden? Just curious, my best friend is in Norway and his parents own a Toyota dealership. He got to play around in the TT Supras back when they were new.

Yeah, streetracing is a fast growing event here. We have top fuel cars also.

But the fastest euro/japs cars is going high 9:s. We also has a Bmw M3:a with 746 horses that turns a 9.76 and 149 mph trap speed. We also has the fastest Syclone in the world (?) running like 10.26, awd and ac and everything... Our fastest TTA is going 12.13 and mine is going 12.87, haha... thats the only ones here, lol.

The goverments is unfortunately hard to talk with, we dont get so much legit streetracing at tracks here. Most of the runs is runned on a ordinary public street called "Blackrace" or on old airports.

Let me know if you want more information.

Daniel

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
I raced a '96 with a 6sp. The guy just came off the dyno that day and put down 580 at the wheels. I beat him 3 times from a 40mph roll and one from a dead stop.

Wasn't even close...

Had we been on the interstate and raced from county to county then it would have been all him. But when it comes to light to light racing the GN is KING!

You didn't race a 96 6spd because in 96 all MKIV Turbos were automatics...

Q: What is the difference between a 400hp and an 800hp Supra?

A: About 4 tenths in the quarter.

In all seriousness, the Supra's are awesomw cars but are pretty much worthless for dragracing. The combination of an IRS and a 6 speed manual transmission on a turbo car just doesn't work very good for a strait line. They are capable of producing some serious power though and when they are actually built for the 1/4 mile (Powerglide and 9" ford?) they are simply insane. There is a Supra in Tucson with a claimed 1,000 hp (liscense plate read 1K HP) that only ran 11's at around 136 mph.

See that's were your wrong you being from tucson you should take a drive to pheonix were theres plenty of 9 & 10 sec supras there being driven daily mostly in the scottsdale area;) although i dont whant to get into an argument and all.

the supra community is getting smarter and more into drag racing lately. Ryan woon just busted a 9.7 at 141 and it is his daily driver with only low 840's to the wheels. and guy here in vegas has an auto he just did an amazing 9.1@141 wit a 1.3 60ft all on stock IRS also in the 840s to the wheels. while i did a 12.2 @119 whith ****ty as bald tires and a 2.0 60ft so it makes you wonder how bad r those IRS.oh and i disconected a vaccum my are downpie exhaust (fart can)lol old intake oh and auto. hose :rolleyes: ;)

But it's just my 2 cent's

P.S. wicked turbo congrats on the 12.7 your almost on my level bud lol although i still have stock twins and no boost controller heh jk.:)

yes yes tis true tis true i did only run a 12.7@105 with my mods, but u must remember im still a newbee and the car busted that time with a bad fuel filter and only 18lbs of boost and with a crapy launch of 7lbs of boost. let this bad boy get dialed in just right and i should be able to destroy your 12.2 no prob. as a matter of fact, im sure my car has much more potential than that because later that night after the west coast nationals i went to the local street races and on the way back home happened to get reved by a cobra. of course im not going to sit there and let this guy rev me after i just busted 12.7 that morning, i yelled at him to follow me. we roll down sunset st. and try to get him race at a stop but he new better and said "hell no lets do it on a roll" so i figured fine but i get the go. At this time i happened to turn the boost up to 22lbs and really knew i give it to him. at 35mph my buddy (HGturboT) said go and i floor it but to my surorise this cobra got its nose about 2ft ahead of me and we stayed stuck like that for a good while till we reach the end of sunset. i tolled him to pull into the near 7/11 and got to know the kid. ill addmit he got me but he knew better than to race me on a dead stop, he said no way buddy my dad has one of these, daddy aint raise no fool. i asked him what his time on the track was. he said 11.4 with slicks. supercharged of coarse and not a stock one ethier, now imagine if i was able to hang with that cobra like that on a roll! you know my time of 12.7 is just a taste of what my buick is capable of . come on somebody back me up here let wicked gn know what he's in for.

Oh im very aware of what buick's can do i owned one at one time it just wasnt me!!!!! not insulting any old guys here but i thought they were just for older guys than me, at the time i was 19-20 i loved the power though i was hitting good numbers with it too but the engine was getting tired at 145k miles on it.im still planning to get one in the near future but for now ill post for my friend who i sold the car too.

hmm with my 5in bling bling muffler and a old downpipe i was at low 12's already with about 4lbs of boost off line all on 2.060's not to say on my crusty tires!!! im hoping to hit high to mid 11's once i get my TC and some drag radials oh and dont forget the boooooosssst controller!!!all done on a absouloutley stock block. but first ill get all pretty by adding a nice wheel package to it, im going to take my time on this one since ive got lot's of plans for it and lot's of money to save.:D :)

Back