You can type here any text you want

EVO-loosin'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Before I found the SS Camaro, I came across this newer EVO. I cruised by him in traffic and gave him a couple light horse sneezes to catch his interest.
As I got ahead of him, he moved in right behind me....hooked:D

I headed around a corner with him right on my butt....too much traffic still and he knew it too, so he stayed behind me and followed me through a lane change.

I then moved to make a right turn ahead onto a wide open Antonio, but he blasted around me to go for the left up ahead...:mad:

So I moved in behind him and followed....he gave me a thumbs up in his rear view so I smiled and waved a hang loose back at him.:cool:

The left turn light went green so I followed him through the intersection and he nailed it as soon as he got straight. By the time I could safely nail it, he was up 4-5 lengths....but I held it to the floor and commenced to reeling him in as he moved over a lane.

As I got even with him, we were getting too close to traffic ahead, so once I was up a couple feet on my fender and it was clearly a pass, I let off and got on the brakes.
He stayed in a tad longer (he has better brakes) and then we both dropped our speed way down as we caught traffic.

As I went back around him he was cracking up and giving me thumbs up again. I think he was also yelling "YOU WON! YOU WON!" in a tone of concession.

He had an exhaust kit on it....possibly a tune also....it definitely had a little more snot than a stock EVO.

my town is lame. i can drive my car everyday for a week and maybe get one race, you get 2 in a few hours of each other. to many old people in st. pete i guess.

Even had a shot at a Benz SLR McLaren a few weeks ago in Huntington Beach, but the Brutha driving it wouldn't follow.
I saw him earlier in the day on the PCH going through HB, but he was going opposite direction. He was acting all agressive with the traffic and I was thinking "Dang my bad luck....wrong side of the road...."
So I went up Beach Blvd to Taco Bell for lunch.
After Lunch I'm getting in the GN and I hear this niiiiiiice sound....I look out onto the road and there's that Benz SLR McLaren going by and slowing for the light. There was way too much traffic here for a race, but I got on=out onto the street and right behind him. There was a car in front of him and cars in the lanes next to him.
When the light turned green, the cars in the left lane cleared to make their turns leaving the lane wide open so I decided this was a perfect chance to horse sneeze this guy and get his attention.
I started to move into the open lane then nailed it and hooked to the left to go around him, then dumped the boost into his ear as I went by.
I looked in the rear view and definitely had his attention as he moved behind me. :biggrin:
Still too much traffic to race that beast so I moved to the left turn lane hoping he'd follow and make a U-turn with me since we could make a good run of it in the opposite direction...but all he did was nail his throttle as he went by.:cool:
That thing sounded awesome!!!!
Dunno how it would have gone for me on my 22psi street tune, but it would have been fun.

Sorry but im going to have to give this one to the EVO, his was probably laughing at your outdated 80's ronald reagan grocery getter trying to catch up with him. :)

MC,

This is the veiw out of my office door.

I watch the pr..ks that come in to buy these things and think "You have NOOOOO idea what my TR could do to that 6 figure euro turd"........ :cool:

Sometimes I really do have to bite my tounge......

However, I should say this, for a little ol' Reconditioning Manager, it sure IS a nice work atmosphere.... :biggrin:

The first picture is literally looking out of my door.

Happy Birthday!

MeanChicken Pictures 001.jpg

MeanChicken Pictures 003.jpg

MeanChicken Pictures 004.jpg

Attachments

• MeanChicken Pictures 005.jpg
    MeanChicken Pictures 005.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 430
Just wondering "how do you" or "what do you" do for a "horse sneeze"?

Get on the throttle let the boost build and then let off...that PHOOOOOSH! sound is a horse sneeze.
Don't do it too much....it's kinda hard on the turbo unless you run a BOV.

If youre still sucking air through a factory canister set up....you won't hear much....

Put a good flowing cold air kit on there like a TRC Big Mouth and you'll hear it loud and clear...you'll also really like the sound the air makes under part throttle acceleration through a TRC as the turbo spools. It sounds like a jet engine winding up...

But like I said earlier...don't do it a lot....especially at WOT full boost...

It's also known as compressor slaming...
Basically what happens is the boost that the engine no longer needs when you let off the throttle has to go some where...so it goea right back to the turbo and slams the compresser wheel. Too much of that will wear out your journal bearings and seals and you'll start leaking oil through the turbo into the intake or exhaust side and start smoking. Even worse....do it on a turbo that has some play in it...and the compresser or exchuast wheel can contact the housing and break some fins off....no bueno....

My turbo is surge ported, so the unneeded air has a path around the compressor wheel and back into the inlet. This reduces the problems associated with compressor slamming.

When I horse sneeze...I'll build up about 5-10 lbs of boost and then let off real quick...
It's dumb entertainment:rolleyes:....but it sounds cool....and freaks the other guy out....

Back