You can type here any text you want

Evo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qwks6

Boost junkie
well, I've been out messing with my alky this weekend... new toys. Hadn't really pushed it too much, mind you I have street tires on right now and it's way more than they can handle at 1/2-3/4 throttle.

So I see this evo in front of me, nice newer, clean car. He gets over to the right (we're on an expressway with lights about every mile or so) and sprints by the car that was in front of him and pulls back into the left lane. So I move to the right and just as luck would have it the light ahead turns red and the car in front of me turns right! So I pull up and get to look at his huge breaks and badging, and he takes a peak at me...

I look around, no cops to be seen, and light turns green. We both take off quickly, but not like we're racing... then I hear him rev, he hears me spool, and we're off in 2nd. I just heard my tires squeal in second, looked at the boost.. 22#'s... looked at the knock... green means go right? Looked down saw the low fuel light flash at me for the alky (I can only assume it splashed back against the back of the tank and caused the float to dip some as it's around the little fake fill line). I pulled about a car ahead by third gear, and we both let off around 80ish. He was all smiles, gave me the thumbs-up at the next light, and we went our separate ways... I was all smiles as well, scanmaster saw no retard and posted O2's of 835...

Nice! My low fuel light also flashes under hard acceleration even when the alky tank is half full, so no worries.

thanks guys. I can only imagine what was going through his head. He was probably floored thinking, "I can't pass this guy, he's pulling from me... what the hell is that!?!?!"

But I was really happy all weekend with how it's running, what was most important was the way my car responded to the alky and tune. Absolutely perfect.

It was nice spanking an Evo though...

It was nice spanking an Evo though...

Its a pretty good feeling, isnt it?:D I absolutely destoryed a Mk.4 Supra at the track back in April, and he was cool about is. Had him by at least 6 cars to the 1320. I think he was a little shocked. Ive also had my fair share of SRT-4s go down as well. No Evo's yet for me, though. Sometime soon I should hope, once the good air returns. Untill then, its wrenching time.

Keep up the good kills.

Back