Excelleration problem, hard to explain, HELP!!!

1BADT

TurboHolic
Went out cruisin in the car today. Put maybe 20 miles on it. Ran awsome the entire time. I get about 2 blocks from the house and the car wont excellerate worth crap. It almost feels like there is a rev limiter on the car. You give it a litlle gas and the car just bogs out, and sounds like blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Now, the car barely wants to idle, feels like the engine is loping. The gas is low but I dont think that would cause a problem. Thought it may be the MAF sensor so I disconnected it and the car ran even rougher and eventually killed. Also, when this is happening my IAC readings jump up to 115+ while idleing. Havnt had time to really trouble shoot more but I'm hoeping someone else has had a similar problem and can lead me in the write direction. Any help is greatly appreciated, THANKS

PS: Just took the car out again and now if you give it any gas more then a little above idle the car wants to kill, This ones got me baffled...

Coil pack definetly does this, especially if all mounting points are not tight. Loose MAf pipe did this too me once and so did low gas (digital gas meter read 3gal bit it was more like 0gal).

I would lean to the MAF. My car was acting the same way you described your car. Disconnecting it only killed the car. Can you borrow one from another TR??

02 sensor, mine did the same thing and that solved it.

jojo

mine acted very similar. It turned out to be cam sensor. Its worth a try to look. If not, i beleive the coil pack does the same thing when it goes out. Just some input. Good luck.