You can type here any text you want

Exhaust cutout out?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Who here runs a cutout? Are you guys that are running low elevens, or in the tens using them? Thanks

My car uses one. I like a quiet exhuast when not racing. I use the DMH cutout.

I had an exhaust ( Edelbrock) that didnt pull any boost at all. So, I never ran one. If you pull the cap off of the pipe and the boost increases, then you can warrent a cutout instad of reaching under and wrenching off the cap at the track.Or if you just like the sound, they are sweet on the street.. I think Julio either runs one now or used to. Very neat piece.

I too use the DMH electric cutout. Nice to be able to flip the switch and have it open or close without getting under the car.
I found that when its open, my boost increases by 2psi

My kids call it the fun BUTTON!!!!

drive down the street come up next to another racer and push the button and watch there head's turn so fast WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine is also a DMH great product

cost about 180.00

look on the other guys face PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD:D :D :D

Do you have to tune it different with it open compared to being closed? Thanks

Do you have to tune it different with it open compared to being closed? Thanks

Didn't on mine. If your boost jumps 5 pounds you would, but a pound or two shouldnt make a huge difference unless you are running the ragged edge.

Jason

Didn't on mine. If your boost jumps 5 pounds you would, but a pound or two shouldnt make a huge difference unless you are running the ragged edge.

Jason

So that's the only variable then (the extra boost)? It doesn't lean it out at all? Thanks

So that's the only variable then (the extra boost)? It doesn't lean it out at all? Thanks

Why would it? The motor goes lean when you add more air..if you dont add air, the tune will stay the same. Some people will say the more airflow will cause it to go lean..and yes this is correct because more airflow=more boost=lean condition.

Jason

Why would it? The motor goes lean when you add more air..if you dont add air, the tune will stay the same. Some people will say the more airflow will cause it to go lean..and yes this is correct because more airflow=more boost=lean condition.

Jason

So are you saying yes it does lean out? It flows more air with the cutout open right?

Lol...uncap the exhaust and do slow WOT run. If your boost raises, you are flowing more air. With my 3" ATR single shot, it didnt raise at all. TTAmeasap didn't either with his edelbrock. I would be willing to bet you, with your single shot, the car will not lean out any.

It only flows more air if you have a choked exhaust.

Jason

It just seemed like you are saying two different things that's all. Like you were saying it doesn't flow more if the boost goes up a little. That's why I was questioning you. Please don't lol at me it hurts cuz i'm very sensitive. J/K Thanks

Remember, 1psi is roughly 40 counts on the 02's.....If you have alky, 2psi can be adjusted with the alky so you are not leaning out too bad with the cutout open. *If your exhaust is giving resistance*

If your exhaust is NOT giving boost resistance( no difference in boost between cutout open or closed)then you will not lean out and you know you are getting max flow through the full exhaust. That is why I never ran a cutout. It would have been for sound only when I was really looking for performance.

Hope that clears it up!

Back