You can type here any text you want

Exhaust valve seals...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Anybody running them? I pulled my heads apart today and found nothing on the exhaust valves, intakes have aftermarket seals. It's been 8 yrs since I built this thing and I've slept a bunch of times since then...

I just did valve stem seals. Used the good blue felpro on all the guides. The intake are machined for then,on the exhaust I removed the seal band clamp (spring) & pushed them on. Years ago on my first gn I used the rubber umbreller type on the exhaust side.Hardest part of the job is not loosing a valve keeper.Have fun, Tom

The stock exaust valves do NOT use a seal becasue they have an oil pump/scraper machined into the valve stem. A seal placed onto a stock valve will do NOTHING because the stem is machined down and the seal will just be flopping around. If you need a seal on the exhaust valve, then you MUST replace the stock vales with a smooth stem aftermarket or stock TTA valve. The TTA used a seal on the intake and the exhaust. If using a seal on the exhaust you will also need to machine the OD of the guide to accept them and to increase the retainer to guide clearance.

Back