You can type here any text you want

Explain to me?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHEEZER

Guy's, would someone mind explaining the F.A.S.T. system to me? I noticed a couple set-ups for sale, they are sorta pricey. How do they work. Thanks Paul.

Paul,

What it basically does is allow you to better tune your car as far as time, fueling, spark etc. it read data off it's own O2 sensor.

When you take a run you record it and you can play it back and it will show you exactly where the car is either fat or lean and from that you go into the fuel map and adjust the numbers until you get to around the desired air fuel ratio you are looking for.

FAST can add and take away fuel also, which in my case years ago as my fuel pump was going bad at the track which I didnt know, the replay showed the car was adding fuel along the run meaning she was lean. By adding up to 25% fuel it saved my motor that day and allowed me to drive the car home.

If there was a in there chip the HG would have popped . FAST just affords you a better tuning option IMO than chips alone. Have guys run fast with chips and without FAST....yep. I guess it comes down to what you are looking for, what you want to spend and how fast you want to go.

Sure guys who know it best like Jack Cotton, Billy Anderson can chime in add more than I just did, they've been using it and tuning it alot longer than myself.

Best of luck.

Thanks Rich. Appreciate the input. I only been a buick owner about 2yrs and just recently have started "tweaking". Going through a huge learning curve on this "animal". I see some killer et"s your signature, Rich!! I'd say you have been there and done that with these vehicles. Best of luck on future runs!!!

Hi Paul,

Not a problem, like I said I am sure others can explain it alot better than me but that's the basic idea.

I've always said if you want to go faster ask the guys who are going faster than you cause odds are they already make the same mistakes and broke the things that you're about to break....lol.

If I can give ya some ideas just let me know as well as others on this board are very helpful.

Best of luck.

Maybe one more question then. What would you suggest next for an upgrade. I've got a {cant remember} either ta or te 44, thdp, 009's, translator and ls1,rjcplenum and plate,cold air and 9'' k-n,340 and wire, new rebuild with forged speed pro's,reed 205/205,bone stock rebuilt heads, and razors meth kit coming. Oh yeah, a turbotweak chip, gutless rolled muffler and no cat w/2 1/2'' duals, dutt neck on stock IC. What iyo would be the most dollar effective upgrade, IC or ported and polished big valve heads? Or other? Also have done aftermarket lower controll arms, and rear Bilsteins. Thanks Rich.:confused:

Back