You can type here any text you want

Extender chip and "false knock ignore"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tom h

I've read the Extender chip has a "false knock ignore" feature, for the first 3 seconds.

How can the chip distinguish between "false" and "real" knock, is such a thing even possible ??

I'm worried that if "real" knock occurs and is ignored, bad things will follow.

Real knock generally doesn't occur at the first 3 seconds of quickly going to WOT in the lower gears where there is the least load on the motor.

It doesn't differentiate if the knock is real or not in the chip. It's just a program that ignores the knock sensor for those first 3 seconds.

I have the Extender and my car gets lots of false knock on launch so I am glad to have that feature standard in the chip.

During those first 3 seconds, would a ScanMaster or TurboLink just show 0º of knock retard ??

I would guess a Casper's knock guage, since it's connected to the ESC module, would always respond to any knock, whether it's "false" or real ...

Yes, it will just show 0 knock retard degrees during that time on your scan tool.

The Caspers guage and the like read knock counts so they will show those during the 3 seconds.

Back