You can type here any text you want

Extender chip without Directscan ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi!

I have the Translator with a turbotweak chip as a setup right now.

I also have the Scanmaster as scan tool. I read on the extender chip site for a couple of days ago and it seems like you must have the directscan to make changes in the chip ? Is there any other way to do corrections in the chip or must I buy Directscan ?

Daniel

I believe you are referring to the user adjustable settings.

The programmed values are held in 8 of the 16 BLM cells that are no longer used in the Extender. You do not need Direct Scan to adjust them but it does allow you to see all the values at once.

Using your Scanmaster you can see one value at a time, the INT shows you which value you are adjusting and the BLM shows you the instantaneous value you are setting it to. You turn the key off to store the value.

The scanmaster will do the job fine.

Ok then, so I can change the low gear timing and fuel settings with Scanmaster ? In that case I will get one.

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2
Ok then, so I can change the low gear timing and fuel settings with Scanmaster ? In that case I will get one.

Daniel

Yes, that's correct. Just a little slower and more detailed.
Once the key is on, you push the mode select button on scanmaster until your reading BL. If the other parameters are set, you'll be looking at the correct cell, and pushing the throttle down slowly will change the BL number, then just turn the key off when the number you want is displayed.

Originally posted by Swede2
Hi!

I have the Translator with a turbotweak chip as a setup right now.

I also have the Scanmaster as scan tool. I read on the extender chip site for a couple of days ago and it seems like you must have the directscan to make changes in the chip ? Is there any other way to do corrections in the chip or must I buy Directscan ?

Daniel

You can make the changes through Turbolink as well. I like the TLink 4.0 setup because it has a setting that allows me to see up to 512 grams/sec on my Laptop. I have seen MAF readings as high as 338 GP/Sec and with the new turbo and intercooler, I will be glad to see the changes and shifts in airflow.

I was wondering if you could use T-Link to watch to help adjust the settings, looks like you can:)

On one of my last ¼ passes T-link logged my maf at 508:eek: , I may have to change a few things to go to the Extender Extreme set up.

Back