You can type here any text you want

Extender Extreme/Translator problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

notched

I had posted in the other tech forums and got some answers, but I am hoping that Bob will see this.
I recently got my car back together with a fresh engine and some upgrades. I previously use the Translator Plus with 72lb injectors and a 3.5 LS1 mass air minus the screens and had great luck with it when used on my high mile bone stock long block. Now it is a fresh long block with a small cam and ported heads.
I had sent a spare ecm out at the same time and Bob upgraded the Extender Extreme chip at the same time (I think because of some revisions.
The problem is this:
The car starts and runs great. Once it is warmed up, the blm's are in the 124-131 range (and will settle around 128 +/-), AF is 2. My O2's are great and WOT performance seems good. At low speeds (between 25-35mph) when releasing the throttle and letting the car coast, my blm's drop to 90. The car feels like it is loading up and will stumble when tipping back into the throttle. When it is coasting I can see and feel the idle surging up and down. I am not sure what to do as I have checked everything else. I guess I am looking for suggestions. I have the switch set on the standard 3.5 setting and have not adjusted the fuel or the timing in the Translator box.

Back