You can type here any text you want

extender vs extender xtreme

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They are the same, feature wise.

Extreme is for huge injectors, and requires a large MAF.

What size injectors are you planning on running?

Bob

Can you use the stock MAF with an Extender Extreme? 57# inj. p/n BYN54BIF5 anti-theft Extender

Thanks, Jason

oK, does that explain why I have a spitting and sputtering on the bottom end? I have the extender chip installed now with stock MAF.

You use a commander chip with the stock maf and no translator, and it pegs at 255 gram/sec airflow just like other chips with the stock maf. I guess you could also use a commander chip with an lt1 or ls1 or truck maf and translator, with the translator in "standard" or non-extender mode (or whatever name Bob uses for this), because in that mode the late model maf and translator are simply acting as a stock maf replacement, but that would be a waste of the hardware. You use an extender or extender extreme chip with an lt1 or ls1 or truck maf and translator in "extend" mode to get either 512 gm/sec (extender; 50 lb/hr injectors or smaller; any lt1 or ls1 or truck maf) or 768 gm/sec (extender extreme; injectors bigger than 50 lb/hr; ls1 or truck maf) airflow ranges. In all cases you can substitute "translator plus" for "translator" to also get timing control if you choose to use it.

Back