You can type here any text you want

F.A.S.T cold starts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foxspy

Hey guys,

I finally got my idle fixed to where it would actually go by what I have set on the idle speed vs. coolant temp. I had the IAC working too hard when it was warm, and it couldn't open any further when it was cold.

But now I have a question. When it's cold and I first start it, it starts and drops down to about 500 rpm, barely trying to stay running, for about 3 seconds, then the IAC kicks in at the idle goes up to the appropriate RPM for that temp. I've tried messing w/ the afterstart enrichment vs. coolant temp, but that table doesn't seem to be working. I mean, it never shows it trying to goto that enrichment amount (the little blue dot showing where the computer is making the enrichment).

How far open should the IAC be during starting?

All your help is muchly appreciated.

Next time you get it started, have a look at where the IAC is when you idle. If the temp is 75 degrees and the IAC is at 50 to hold idle, set the IAC start position to 50 (or maybe 55) at that temperature.

Do that a few times at different temperatures, you'll be all set.

-Bob Cunningham

When the car is cold, log the a/f ratio, cts enrichment, and aft enrichment and iac position, and rpm. You will see where the rpm is dropping, being caused by being lean. If its not lean, then its the iac position being too low, if its lean you have to keep adding to the enrichment vs coolent temp table, and log the a/f each cold start, and watch for changes in the mixture. If that has no effect, increase the afterstart enrichment cold, but that ususally decay's out after 30 seconds. Try posting some logs on here might help to see what exactly is going on.

I'm assuming to look at where the IAC is when it's in drive and go off of that. While in neutral, I have it set to where the IAC is pretty much closed, it's set at 5 I think.

Back