You can type here any text you want

F.a.s.t. ?!?!?!?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sn hufrz

I have a 96 4v mustang on fast that is giving me a ton of trouble. It is a built engine, fully ported heads, stk. cams, long tube hdrs w/off-road h, street renegade 1000hp fuel system, originally had holley 95lb inj, then went to siemen decka 42lb inj, and now I'm on 42lb bosch, procharger D1-SC 16-17psi @ 7000rpm, msd DIS-4 ignition. That's about all I can think of to give you the run down of the car.........My problem is it wants some stupid jacked up #'s in the VE table. example: @ idle 69-70.......@ part throttle (my problem area) 120-150.......@ peak load/torque 90-95.......@ WOT 115-120 (just to be safe). I've gone through my set-up 1000 times and it's all correct. I even took a program from another car that has basically the exact same set-up (with no problems) and tried to load it and run it in my car.....no way did that work. If your in 4th pulling through your tables the AF reads lean, but if your cruiz'n in the same cells (kpa vs rpm) in 6th it's fat as a pig. One last thing I noticed yesterday. On your enrichment % vs coolant temp and enrichment % vs tps position my damn bubble is off the chart.....max'd out 100%. Wuz up wit dat?? At this point and time I'm up for suggestions. ANY suggestions!!!! There is nothing more frustrating than chasing your azz :mad:

Do you have some other tables that could be messing up your A/F ratio?

For example, if you have some negative warmup enrichment at 160 degrees, then you might be putting in very high VE values only because the warmup enrichment is taking it back away.

I would have a look at all of your tables and see if something else is pulling fuel out.

Also, are 42# injectors big enough for 16 PSI on that motor?

I would also triple-check all of your other settings (displacement, MAP sensor type, injector size, injector opening time, etc.).

For whatever it's worth, another guy near me has a supercharged car that also has a lot of VE values well over 100. I still don't understand why, but that's what his car wants!

-Bob Cunningham

Originally posted by bobc455

For whatever it's worth, another guy near me has a supercharged car that also has a lot of VE values well over 100. I still don't understand why, but that's what his car wants!

-Bob Cunningham

Trying not to hijack this post .... but shouldn't boosted cars (turbo or supercharger) have VE's greater than 100% since they are pushing in air, not sucking it in? I realize that this will not be the case everywhere, but for some cells, they are packing in the air which should result in a higher VE than if they were N/A (non boosted).

Just curious if others have this too ...

Back