You can type here any text you want

F Body "K" members

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynn D. Brown

I guess there are at least 2 suspension vendors that now offer front end "K" members for the 3rd Gens. The 2 I know about are BMR & Spohn.

Redneck Frank tells me that he heard a few guys mention that some of these aftermarket K members have caused cracking in the Strut towers. Anybody heard of this ?

Long term I'm thinking of the K & Coilovers.

Try looking around on ThirdGen.org there are more people with tubular k-members on there. I think the most popular used to be the PA Racing k-member. However, I would probably go with the BMR because their products are nice quality from everything I've seen and heard from anyone. I have also heard the rumor of cracked strut towers, but I have never seen anyone who actually had the problem talk about it, just other people who heard the rumor. Tubular k-members are made to be street driven though so on streets with lots of pot holes like Detroit and places up north I wouldn't suggest it.

I had an issue with a tubular front end on my car. I belive the problem was actually the coil over springs placing the weight of the car on the strut towers which were never ment to handle it, especially in a car like mine that see's alot of street miles in what has to be some of the worst roads around(NYC). I think if it was used with stock location springs there shouldnt be as much of a problem, but I never tried to find out.

I'm in no hurry to switch back, scince putting all the stock stuff back in it 60fts better and is more consistant even with 100# added back to the nose.

Steve

I have a few PA Performance ones ... they use the stock springs so ya don't knock out the towers .. want to buy a new one ?? :cool:

Back