You can type here any text you want

Factory radio....POP and no sound!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

im4darush

Does this after 20 mins of play. Turn it off and then back on after letting it sit for 15 mins and it will play for another 15-20 mins. Then the same old thing........POP, no sound. Radio is still on just has no sound. Any ideas??

sounds like a speaker is going south(and its ohm load is lower) and over heating the output chip....or a wire/speaker shorting to ground...
have you noticed any speakers not playing or sounding funny?

All speakers sound good when it is working. The front dash speakers have been replaced with new ones. That cant possibly have anything to do with it, can it?

All speakers sound good when it is working. The front dash speakers have been replaced with new ones. That cant possibly have anything to do with it, can it?

do you have concert sound? if so, since they were most likely aftermarket,then they are 4ohm.the door speakers are 10 ohm,so the total load would be 2.857 ohms way too low:frown:

the two front (R or L) CS2 speakers are 10 ohm,wired in parallel (special Y adapter behind the stereo) the factory load is 5 ohm.......

see my CS2 link in my sig for more detailed info.....

I do have concert sound. And thank you for that link...makes sense. Do you think replacing the aftermarket speakers with factory ones is enough to make the stereo work right (I still have them), or has it been damaged already?

It does still work currently, but as mentioned earlier, the sound goes away after 20 mins.

I do have concert sound. And thank you for that link...makes sense. Do you think replacing the aftermarket speakers with factory ones is enough to make the stereo work right (I still have them), or has it been damaged already?

It does still work currently, but as mentioned earlier, the sound goes away after 20 mins.

sounds like the stereo is still good......its just overloaded at the moment....three speakers is just a odd load....thats why our cars have odd 10ohm speakers up front.

i would replace the doors with aftermarket (4ohm 5 1/4'') and find a reputable stereo shop that can wire the fronts in series (the stereo will see 8 ohm) safe but not as loud....BUT it makes the rear a little louder (not a bad thing since they make 90% of the bass and they are so far away)

they should be able to do this by making up their own harness....save the Y harness,its hard to come by....dont let them cut any wires....

you going to BG? i can make one for you....just install door speakers and i can make you a new Y haness thats plug and play........i bet theres a need for these??

Unfortunately, not going to BG. I just put these dash speakers in so not a big deal to pull them out and replace with the originals. I think I will just do that and leave it all stock. Now that I think of it, I also have 6X9's in the back. You think they will be ok back there with the factory radio once I put the stock dash ones back? Door speakers are still factory

yes,the rears are not tied with any other speakers like the front....youre good...

not saying its not your speakers, but my stocker does the same thing and all speakers are original. try using the tape deck and see if problem continues. just a thought cause i believe the tuner is going out on mine. will play find then pop and it cuts off. also has to warn up for about ten minutes before it starts to pick up a station. just acts kinda funny with stations scanning non stop then it tunes itself in after awhile. then stops after about 15 minutes or so. also check your antenna connections.

Back