You can type here any text you want

Fan control when starting (FAST B2B)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RonRed89

All,

Is there an easy way to control the electric fans to prevent them from running while the car is cranking. That is I would like to activate the electric fan after the car is in run mode and not immediately when I turn the key to the ON position (and the car is not running yet). (Note: fans are activating according to my fan settings in C-Com, not all the time.)

Any thoughts? If I put a fan switch in place that will cut power to the FAN, will the FAST care (and perhaps refuse to start the car). Is there any other solutions to consider to avoid cranking the car with the electric fan drawing current during the starting process?

Car is an 89 Vette with SBC 396 and a classic FAST B2B.

Thanks!

Ron

Wire the relay to a power source that only has power in the "run" position and not the "crank" position

Wire the relay to a power source that only has power in the "run" position and not the "crank" position

Going to try and figure out how its wired now and change it. It has always been like this since I got it back from the shop that built the motor. Just seems as if having that fan running at crank is unnecessary.

Thanks Cal.

Ron

I haven't been able to find an appropriate trigger yet, do you think that a timed relay would be a decent idea for this application? I could impose a 15 second delay to power the fans which should be plenty of time to start the car.

Any thoughts?

Ron

Back