You can type here any text you want

FAST, A to Z of cranking to idle ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JSho

After trying to look at FAST GCTs for a few simmilar motor setups, I'm back to step one. For supposedly simmilar setups I've seen -significant- differences in thier configuration.

Question:

What is the methodology people are using to establish cranking, afterstart, and run mode to idle? Is there a series of steps people are using in going back and forth between tables?

My motor is 8.5:1CR, stage 1 heads, and basic forged rebuild. I'm starting with the VE and timing tables from the last incarnation of the chip I last burnt. I''ve been trying a process such as ...

A) I presume spark is fine and VE is decent, using stock values.

B) With throttle blades completely shut, TPS reads 15. I've used the adjustable screw to open the blades as much as possible and still read 15, while setting "Maximum TPS for Idle" to 17.

C) crank the motor over and if it doesn't fire up increase cranking fuel by 10%.

D) crank the motor over and if it doesn't fire up increase IAC position by 10% so we're getting more air.

Idle is set to 900rpm and its not lighting up to that range. More so hanging in the 450rpms or lower while cranking. Engine revs to run mode is set to 15 and rank to run mode is set to 250. I'm using Delphi 75LB/hr injectors with a 1.0ms injector opening time.

Any feedback on your experiences would be great.

-j

Sounds like you need a .gct. What's kind of car and combo? Maybe my .gct will help.

Back