You can type here any text you want

fast and crane high six ignition

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

96SCTA

Well things were going good untill about 15 minutes into the tunning procces. Then all of a sudden the car died. Thank god i was still in the drive way. So i wait a second and try and restart it. I get what sounds like 1 cylinder to fire. then thats it. So I pop open the hood. And i noticed that my crane high 6 ignition box is blinking 5 times. So these are my thoughts. Tell me what you guys think.

1) igniton box went bad
2) coil is bad
3) opti spark went bad

I am not sure if the fast system works good with the crane igniton. Or if this is just another random failure of an ongoing nightmare.

info on car: 96 ta lt1 350. supercharged, all boltons.

Please chim in if you have any ideas

Micah

If wired correctly you should be able to bypass the crane box very easily. That would eliminate that variable. How old is the box? The early ones had problems.

The box is three year old, It came with my supercharger kit. Im sure an expert may be able to bye pass that system however i hard wired it in 3 years ago during my supercharger install. And its been so long i dont remember how to return it to stock. So If we can trouble shoot this with it still in. So does any one know what the 5 flashes mean.

ok i just found out that 5 blinks means

"coil primary open during operation. This fault will only occur if the coil primary connection is broken (open) while the engine is running."

So the coil primary is that the wire that goes into the opti spark. To power the opti spark. Or could this still be the opti spark bad ??

Micah

The coil primary is the white wire that use to be on the negative of the coil. It should now be going to the crane box. It originates from the module. I would try a new ignition module as an educated guess.

Well thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The modual was fine i actualy had a bad wire between the coil and the modual. Thanks for the help.

Back