You can type here any text you want

FAST ECU datalogger wiring?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spence

Ok the blue red black and purple are easily spelled out in the instructions, but it does not tell you where to plug the harness part into, the online help in WP is the same as the instructions in the box. My guess is that it plugs into the C-Com harness, but this is where I have a problem, the wires in the harness that plugs into the ECU DL and the other end into the FAST C-com plug are not wired the same on both ends of the harness. in the A slot on one end I have a red wire, on the other end I have a black wire in the A slot......is this wired right? Do I have to unplug the ECU DL and plug my laptop directly into the DL to get the info out? sometimes the easiest things are so complicated....hehe

The wires are reversed on purpose. For the data logger to communcate with the ECU those wires need to be switched around. Either one will communicate with the laptop with the wires all matching up but to talk to each other the transmit and receive wires need to be reversed. Plug the 3-pin jumper harness from the data logger harness to the "C-Com" plug in the main ECU harness when you are ready to log and everything will work.

Thanks Craig...........it works like a champ, cant wait to try it this weekend in columbus.........incidentally I called FAST last week about getting contingency stickers, as the NMRA didnt have any in bradenton and I got screwed outta runner up money cause of it, still havent received anything yet.

I'll send you an email tomorrow about the contingency issue. Glad to hear the data logger is working for you!

I just picked up a used data logger.....It looks like the data logger plugs into same port as the RS-232 cable for the laptop?

I was hoping I could just wire the data logger up and not have to hook and unhook cables between it and the ECU each time I wanted to view the logs from my laptop. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding how this thing hooks up.

Thanks!

the jumper harness connects between the data logger ECU and the FAST ECU, to download the data logger you have to unplug the datalogger and plug your laptop into the datalogger. to make changes in the FAST ECU you must unplug the harness from the FAST ECU and plug your laptop into the FAST ECU to make changes, it is a major PITA, but the datalogger works everytime and you dont have to have the laptop in the car.....My problem was the laptop wouldnt connect with the fast ECU all the time, and many times I have sent the laptop into the dash when I hit the parachute....hehehe.

Thanks Spence! That is kinda what I was thinking...I may try and come up with some sort of switch that will make the needed wiring changes.

many times I have sent the laptop into the dash when I hit the parachute.

haha...man, at least that's one problem I won't have to worry about anytime soon. I have a long way to go before I need a chute!

Thanks!

Back