You can type here any text you want

Fast Ems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

On a scale of 1 - 10 how difficult would the board rate installing a FAST EMS for an 87 T-Type. Very interested, but use to the plug and play of an AEM EMS.

Reason for considering FAST of Chip is complete control over EMS vs having to pay somoeone to program PROM. Just difficult to tel based on what I have been reading the level of difficulty. Additionally does FAST provide a baseline map / configuration to get the car running ?

The FAST ECU can be purchased with a adapter harness which makes it an easy install. Hartline Performance can sell you a FAST and start up program.

No question that you have educate yourself a bit, but once you get it its not difficult. It is a nice flexible system.

I think that FAST was primarily developed for the turbo-t's, if I am not mistaken...

-Bob Cunningham

Good stuff, I have a pretty understanding of Engine Management systems. I have an AEM EMS which is probably a bit of overkill for my application. And I have training through EFI101 and honestly speaking I have to say once you go the engine management system it is hard to go back.

Glad to see there is a wiring harness adapter out there. I am looking into it as soon as I finish here.

Now on to finding out what this motor can do in stock trim absent stock ECU with the aftermarket EMS.

Back