You can type here any text you want

FAST! help needed w/AE tuning on a supercharged engine

• Thread starter Thread starter AEkrot
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AEkrot

I've been having problems getting my "acceleration pump" functionality right - bringing the car on the Trans Brake, it goes unstable if I stab it too fast.

I recently got a GCT file from a fellow racer who runs an ATI F3-SC since I just upgraded to one from a Vortech XX. I have a good handle on tuning the VE and timing curves but had hoped to learn something from his AE tables.

His AE fuel table and MAP rate of change vs. AE fuel were radically different than the way I had set mine up.

I'm using a FAST WB SEQ IND CYL on a supercharged SB Ford 347 w/ 150#/hr FMS injectors; weldon 2035 pump; was Vortech XX, now ATI F3-SC.

I have my AE fuel phased out around 120 Kpa. At that point, the VE table basically handles the fuel. The tune I got from a friend never takes away the AE fuel and the shape of his AE vs. TPS, AE vs. TPS rate of change, and AE vs. MAP rate of change were totally different than mine.

I realize that there is more than one way to tune this system but would prefer to do it "right" - not different.

Does anyone have some general guidelines for tuning the AE parameters on a supercharged motor?

Thanks,

Alex

one more question (that might be related to my AE problems).

What should my TPS read at idle (closed throttle)?

What should my TPS read at WOT?

I sometimes wonder if I have the correct TPS sensor.

Back