You can type here any text you want

FAST progress

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vr6t

hey all,
Just thought I'd share some info on how my FAST system is progressing.

I have a 178 CI engine (2.9L), with 96lb. injectors, and a T66 turbo. I am running the FAST bank to bank with wide band O2.

I was trying to tune the car last night for about 4 hours, and wasn't having much luck. My air fuel seemed to be all over the place. I'd change the Fuel map values up or down just a couple points, or a couple percent, and I'd go from really rich to really lean or lean to really rich. (all testing was done in vacuum "under 100kpa"). I was getting very frustrated with all way the tuning seemed to be showing signs of NO improvement what so ever. I decided to call it quits because the neighbors probably didn't like the midnight testing of my car with 4" exhaust :)

I starting thinking about the Injector opening time, and had spoken with Craig to find out about the impact it had on the injectors at low RPM's. I decided to drop the default injector opening time (global setting) from 1.0ms to 0.5ms. Then I changed the fuel values to what I thought would be close to the same A/F. I started the car, and made a quick adjustment until I had the 14.0 A/F I was hoping for, and took the car for a spin around the block. Wow, it was running very very well. It didn't have the stumbles, and stutters, and smoke that it had for the 4 hours the night before. In fact, the car almost ran like stock....

Now its time to get the car doing some testing under boost :D

Just thought I'd share the problem I was having, and what I did to correct it.

Thanks,
James

WOW thats good news. Every time I have ever played with that it just either riichens up the whole map or leans it out, depending if I raise or lower the number. I guess I never looked at the map close enough to see if the correction values varied that much under different duty cycles of the injectors. But I guess that makes sense.

Back