You can type here any text you want

fast quest. on idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tubby

is there a way to set a disired rpm with fast? i was changing idle spd vs. cool temp. but it didn't seem to make any diff.
also if anyone has some tips on getting a big cam(.258/.268 at .05 114) low vacuum (10 at 900 rpm) setup to idle i'd appreciate it. (lt1 383 motor)
thanks

Most system can control idle speed.

What is your IAC position? If your throttle blades are being held open by a setscrew, then the IAC cannot reduce the idle speed any further...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

sorry, i should have stated that the car wants to drop to far down. like 600-700 where it wont idle. i want to keep it at 900-1000. couple of people have suggested turning the screw to open the throttle blades to the desired result.

That is my favorite method- turn the idle screws so they just about hold idle. On my car at idle, the IAC kinda dances around between 10 & 12, which means I have it "right there".

If your idle speed drops down a lot when you put it in gear (i.e. tight convertor), you might want the idle screw to hold the engine speed even just a bit higher (950 actual in neutral, with a 900 setpoint).

Just my thoughts...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

thanks, i know this is a buick site so i really appreciate the help with my lt-1.

you guys rock!!

Back