You can type here any text you want

FAST: Should TPS go to 100%

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I spent a considerable amount of time goofing around with my throttle blade and TPS yesterday. I got it to where the target IAC is decent (had to almost completely close the throttle) and where the TPS is around 14% (minimum idle % is 15). At this setting, it goes up to like 97%. If I push on the gas pedal as hard as I can it will go to 100%. Does it matter? Or should I continue to goof around with the TPS?

Other than that, my first 24 hours with FAST have been awesome. No longer stalls when I drop it into gear. It took me like 3 seconds to bump the idle up to compensate for the 218/212 cam. Runs cooler, smoother. Good stuff. The only problem is that the injector lights on the box are mesmerizing. I'll have to put a piece of duct tape over them to keep from getting distracted and wrecking :)

Jim

not that i am an expert, but the classic fast i have shows the max tps at 97% as well...

i am sure craig or one of the pros have an official answer.

not that i am an expert, but the classic fast i have shows the max tps at 97% as well...

i am sure craig or one of the pros have an official answer.

Thanks for the reply. I think I can get it to 100% if I goof around with the TPS some more, but the question is do I need to? Like what's the difference to FAST if the TPS is 97% or 100%?

Jim

personally, i never noticed a difference, iirc, there is a place to put in tps for "WOT" and i have it set around 90%...

Doesnt matter,As long as it hits 80% all WOT functions(clear flood,fan shut off,etc..) will work.
Now that you have adjusted the TPS go in you Idle functions and
set the MAX TPS for idle setting righ above what you idle TPS is

Doesnt matter,As long as it hits 80% all WOT functions(clear flood,fan shut off,etc..) will work.
Now that you have adjusted the TPS go in you Idle functions and
set the MAX TPS for idle setting righ above what you idle TPS is

I guess I did it backwards. The MAX TPS for idle was already at 15% in the default configuration so I adjusted my TPS up to 14%. It seems fine this way.

Thanks,
Jim

Back