You can type here any text you want

FAST woes.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

protosy

I have been having all sorts of issues with my FAST B2B w/WB02 ever since I installed it in my truck a couple years ago. This year, it seems to have gotten worse.

The following is a brief summary of the issue; and I am soliciting advice on what to do next.

1/ Using the same versions of c-com wp on two different laptops changes the behavior of the truck if the laptop is plugged in. This is without uploading a new program to the ecu, just simply connecting it and bringing up the dashboard. One laptop produces terrible results (ie running really really lean, no idle, etc) while the other produces a much better idle, but quit rich (12.0 afr at idle).

2/ Without a laptop connected, the truck runs totally different each day I start it. One day, pig rich, the next (like today) way way way lean.

Data logging shows no issues at all with the battery voltage; the wideband appears to be working based on the dashboard information.... Grounds have been triple checked, etc. No vacuum leaks.

I am completely lost. :confused: Should I box it up and send it in for testing?

any help/advice is appreciated.

Get a newer version of C-Com WP. IIRC this is a problem with an earlier version. C-Com WP communicates at a slower rate with more than 14 sensors visible at any given time, and I think there may have been an issue where it could affect ECU operation when in this mode. Try a newer version and see if that fixes it. I think 1.020 was the latest version of that program available.

Craig-

I am using 1.020 on both laptops. FWIW, from time to time, if I update a cell in the VE table while the truck is running, another element somewhere else changes too (like CTS correction).

KLHAMMETT-

Detroit area suburbs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Maybe I will be able to make that then. Where can I find info? I suppose it will end up depending on wether or not I get the truck running... :frown:

Well so much for my lame theory... :( I should know better than to try so hard when I'm not sure.

Craig-

Valid suggestion for sure, and one that is surely worth checking out.

Talked with FAST yesterday, I need to do some more 'research' before they will look at the unit. Essentialy they want me to see what the BPW is on a lean day and rich day.

Makes sense... Just a PITA.

Are you using an a/c-d/c power supply in the car to power the laptop or running on battery power? I've seen weird issues with other tuning systems when using a power supply plugged into the vehicle. Maybe a ground loop? I switched to battery power or plugged into an extension cord and everything was fine. This doesn't explain why it runs different everyday, that may be more of a tuning issue, but it's strange that it runs different with the pc connected. Just my .02

Nope, the laptop was running off of battery only; the laptop battery that is, not the truck.

Thanks for the input.

Make sure you have a good battery installed as well as over 12.9 volts when charging. I've had similar issues and traced it to a bad ground from the battery.

Back