You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI _ High Speed Fan & Fan Delay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

FAST users, is there anything special you have to do in order to have the highspeed fan turn on? I have adjusted the fan temperature and the fan definitely kicks on, but it seems to be lo speed only...

Additionally prior to FAST installation the fan used to kick on after the car was shut off. Does this feature work with the FAST and if so does it require additional wiring? I am currently using a harness provided by Jack Cotton which turned my FAST system into a plug and play affair. Now it appears the delay feature is no longer working..

Suggestions??????

If the XFI doesn't control this, I suppose I could hook up an additional thermostat and allow the delay feature to be manually controlled..

The XFI is has standard single speed fan control, You will have to remove the resistor from the fan and wire it direct.
You will no lonmger have a fan delay,but the fast system will keep the fan on if the key is on and it has not reached the low tempature.
Hope this helps
Let me know if you need any other insight,Im always available

Sounds like a plan, I don't call myself an electrician, so when it comes to electronics I am typically a bit behind.

How does the highspeed relay bypass the resistor you mention and where is this resistor so I can go ahead an direct wire it.

One other question, I was making some test runs and in one of the full throttle runs I made I saw and ESC rtd of 2. On a scale of 1- 10 how is this rated. I have no idea how bad the motor is knocking. I am used to seeing a knock count, I only ask because I have no baseline.

The stock fan wiring details have been posted before (see the Ramchargers fan threads, for example), so I'm going to be very brief here. The ecm fan output controls the low speed relay which applies power to the wire at the end of the power resistor on the fan furthest from the fan motor. You can move this wire to the other end of the resistor with the two wires already on that end and the ecm will now run the fan on high speed, for extra cooling. This is the only part that the FAST should affect. The high speed and delay relays are controlled by both the pressure switch on the high side ac line right next to the compressor (this can also run the fan on low) and by the "omigosh I'm boiling over" temperature switch on top of the manifold next to the fuel pressure regulator. If you turn the key on, turn the ac control to MAX, and turn the key off, I think that is supposed to trigger the delay relay, and grounding the green with yellow stripe wire on the temperature switch will run the fan with key on and trigger the delay relay when the key is turned off. Note that if you have the Ramchargers fans and use their little adaptor harness that this eliminates the high speed controls entirely - that's what those other threads were about. The easy fix if this is your problem is to add a middle pin to the Ramchargers connector and jumper it to both of the red wires on the end pin.

xfi

hey otto. the fast-fxi stand alone harness how do you hook up the wires to the factory crank sensor ? the new harness has two wires in a plug and a black wire lapel ground, the factory sensor has a three wire plug, i bought a msd 7 al 2, i hate wiring, would welcome all info. sorry to hy jack your thread mad turb thanks, oc,

Back