You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI, becoming RAPIDLY very discouraged

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

theman1990

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I bought an 87 GN that seemingly was well built and trouble free.........................................................

After about 15 minutes of ownership, an air conditioning issue was realized and several hundred $$$$ later it seems to be the Fast XFI 1.0 a/c temp cutout is set too low. I bought a serial to USB converter and it won't connect. I get "incompatible device" on the FAST interface. I tried all the updates and manual updates and making sure it'd FTDI etc etc. NOTHING has worked and a quick google search basically comes back with "sucks to be you, enjoy your expensive brick." Does ANYONE know what to do???

if your fast hasnt been updated and is 1.0 are you using "fast ccom WP XFI "version 1.340 to connect

manhattan cable usb-9 usually works .. you can contact cal hartline (hartline performance) for one if you havent already
there was a deal years ago with the prolific chipset fakes that they updated the drivers making all older usb-9 cables inoperable if you changed the old driver

if your fast hasnt been updated and is 1.0 are you using "fast ccom WP XFI "version 1.340 to connect

manhattan cable usb-9 usually works .. you can contact cal hartline (hartline performance) for one if you havent already
there was a deal years ago with the prolific chipset fakes that they updated the drivers making all older usb-9 cables inoperable if you changed the old driver
It very likely hasn't been updated since it was tuned back in 2016... I just put the USB in and followed the instructions and have this (quick screen shot, don't think I've seen that "demo mode" before)

1717494666736.png

I'm new to standalone ECU managers, have used some old piggyback systems in the day but everything I have now is either multiple carbed, running old EEV-IV stuff or too exotic for me to even consider jacking around with an ECU... lol

I'll search for this "Manhattan Cable USB-9"

I just found this version on the FAST website, too.... Maybe more luck with it?

1717495074573.png

all the fast software that you download is demo mode , you can view gct files offline and make changes but cant save changes
once you make connection to an ecu it is full version

all the fast software that you download is demo mode , you can view gct files offline and make changes but cant save changes
once you make connection to an ecu it is full version
How do I move it out of demo mode? I used the USB thumb drive from the box it was packaged in for the first d/l, pulled the second d/l off their website.

Gotcha... I snapped the screenshots from my couch just to show the version #. Spoke with their tech line who sent me a 3rd version to try... He sad if that fails I have to pull the whole unit out and send it back :(

did you install the usb cable , by that i mean goto settings in your laptop , device manager (devices and printers) and find it

click it and install the driver (update driver)
when prompted to search look in your laptop drive for the ccom xfi folder and in that find the prolific driver file then click it
only thing youll need to know then is which com channel the cable installed at , you can go back to devices and it will show the com channel
then youll need to boot up ccom wp program and goto communication >setup > com port and select the com # that the laptop has the cable at

Welp! Problem solved, despite the box and receipt saying FAST XFI, it wasn't the 1.0, it's the 2.0 so now w/ correct interface and whatnot, got the AC operational, now to figure out "the rest."

Back