Fastest TTA out there?

mygrain

unregistered
Does anyone know what the fastest TTA out there is? It would be great if they had a webpage/website to go along with it.

9 Sec TTA

The 1999 ATR catalog (NOT SURE ABOUT 2001-2)has a write upabout a guy by the name of Bill Sakes from Hunington Beach CA,who runs a Stage 2 260 c.i. block,I have heard he went 9.50's@ 141.8 mph

Strange thing is there are no pictures of his car anywhere,Pictures in the ATR catalog are of there test car,I've asked before and nobody has any .

Sake's Car

It's Never been to Bowling Green that I know of Either:mad:

I think i have one of the top 5 cars around my old combo went 10.7 at 127. My new combo is brutal compared to my old one,I never got to down the track due to RAINOUT the last 3 weeks of the season.I feel my new combo is in the 10.00 to 10.20 range.HTH.Scott

Originally posted by BEATBY6
I feel my new combo is in the 10.00 to 10.20 range.HTH.Scott

Hi Scott,I too am shooting for some low 10's,What is your combo?

Thanks,
JW

My combos is as follows:

stock block with 3 steel caps with studs,arp rod bolts,je pistons with floating pins,TTA heads done up with EGR filled,ported and polished intake,70mm tb and plenum with power plate,214-210 roller cam,70 BB turbo, CAS front mount, 72lb inj, built trans with billet parts and trans brake,9"AC 3500 conv,TH 3" DP. Alum drive shaft,AC delete.All work was done my self. HTH.Scott

Originally posted by NCTTA
I believe Joe Copson had the Daddy

Thats not even a real TTA though... Thats just a fireturd with a Stage 2 motor...

There really are more than a few in the 10s....

I know two Stage 2 TTAs that havent hit the track yet.

Maybe the guy in cali has the fastest TTA with mid 9s?

Pretty close to my combo except for:

EGR filled .....................................................unmodified
70mm tb and plenum with power plate.........Bell-mouthed stocker
214-210 roller cam.........................................200/200 Roller
70 BB turbo....................................................45 John Craig
CAS front mount........................................Fairpark Machine 17 row
9"AC 3500 conv.........................................Precision "0"
AC delete................................................... AC Still there

I also have a Spohn Torque arm,LCA's,PA K-Member ,tubular A-arms w Koni struts(Coil-overs now) and a KTRE 12 Bolt

I'm in need of a driveshaft though how much was your Aluminum drive shaft who made it?

JW:D

There's another fast one nobody really has any info on too.

Ralph Conner

89 Pontiac T/A Buick 231

3/00 9.334 143.25

well when my car comes out this spring i hope to get some solid 9sec passes the motor i have went 9.33 in a 200lb heavyer buick gn so we will see i have weight and areo over the gn

george

For a few month ago i read about this Billy guy i think it was on the gnt.type fastest members and if don´t remember it wrong he was down in the 8 sec then..... but i can´t find him there any more now.......

I´m pretty sure about this up to 95%......

Scott

how does the WE4 shell look ? i want a nice shell for another project. let me know...thanks!

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
"Any tires/wheels @ lowest prices guaranteed!"
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->Centerline & American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer.

JW my driveshaft is made by Quartermaster.The joints and yoke are Spicer,very nice piece.I can get it for you if needed.HTH,Scott

I beleive Sakes car was taken apart years ago......I saw the car at pomona in 97 or 98 maybe......then later the same year I saw a "new" red 88/89 ta at pomona with the stage 2 out of the tta.......Sakes said he wanted to put the tta back to a more stock car........since it had gone so far he just got another body for the engine....

It was his first outing with the non tta car and I saw it run 9.8's or so....