Favorite low buck daily driver

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Guy's,

I was wondering what everyone likes as their favorite low buck (under $3k) daily driver? I'm partial to Buicks so mine is a 1998 Regal GS. It's a great urban assault vehicle for So. Cal where the average driver is typically distracted and marginally proficient even in dry conditions. I figure I'd rather get in an accident in a $2500 car than something expensive.

Here's a pic of my cheap hotrod:

DSCN1985.JPG

What are you driving?

Neal

I love my Regal GS. I drive a black 99 with 240k miles and my wife drives a Jasper Green (like yours) 2000 with 170k. Great cars for the money that get decent mpg, have decent power, and are dirt cheap to keep running. Pretty much anything with the L67 engine is a great choice for a DD.

Attachments

• photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 111
Doesn't meet your under 3000 spec but it's my favorite all around do anything vehicle.
20aca0b19c9a44ede5c7c333095ec715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't meet your under 3000 spec but it's my favorite all around do anything vehicle.
20aca0b19c9a44ede5c7c333095ec715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've been getting your moneys worth out of that one! I remember when you bought it. :)

Neal

I've had 2 CRX Si's and they make awesome DD's on the cheap if you can find one that has not been destroyed. Great fuel efficiency and fun as hell to drive. Everyday was like Mariokart with this car. I do miss it, but I finally ended up buying a big boy car as my wife likes to say.

CRX3_zpsbcb37d81.jpg

I had a GS for a while (actually 3 of them) awesome car for a daily but couldn't stop modding. :D
98GS.jpg

I drive a 05 Buick Rainier V8 now
BuickRainier2.jpg

I had a '99 Regal GS for awhile. It had a few mods. Tune, pulley, shift kit, solid coupler, resonator delete, etc. I didn't have the greatest of luck with that car.

I've shared this video before but I'll share again for those that may have not seen it.

A day at the local track for a little test and tune. Taking out a GTO, a Mustang GT and losing to a LS3 Nova what had been playing possum all day. lol

2002 Buick Lesabre Custom here, known around the house as the grandpa mobile. Has 115k miles on it, still runs good, although it has been nickel and diming me lately. Glad there is a Pull A Part and a Summit Racing a couple miles from me!!

2002 Buick Lesabre Custom here, known around the house as the grandpa mobile. Has 115k miles on it, still runs good, although it has been nickel and diming me lately. Glad there is a Pull A Part and a Summit Racing a couple miles from me!!

Just bought a 96 LeSabre cheap here recently a 2 owner car with only 100K on the clock, it had been well cared for and everything works. My wife and I gave it to her Mom for Xmas.

Got a '93 K2500 454 Suburban for $2000 this fall, only 100k miles, rear heat and air, pretty much everything works. Then 1600 in shipping and 800 in tires and another 300 in fluids/sensors/wipers/etc.

IMG_6798.JPG

I'm in the regal gs club now as well. Picked up a 2000 a few months ago for 1300 and it's been a good daily. Now I just need to try and leave it stock.

I'm in the regal gs club now as well. Picked up a 2000 a few months ago for 1300 and it's been a good daily. Now I just need to try and leave it stock.

Not easy to do... I went low 12's before blowing it all to hell :ROFLMAO:

I just keep saying I'll do just enuf for high 13's but I know it won't end there.

I maintained this 2000 BMW 328 for my brother and then my niece from the day it was new.

15 years and 168K miles later my brother called me and said:

"Hey, I just bought Cara (my niece) a new car and as you know, the 528 is in your BMW shop right now. As a thank you for always being there when it came to that car, just go pay for the current repair bill and you can have it, that is, if you want it."

$604 later, it was mine. I put some money into minor cosmetic repairs and Viola!

Next, a twin turbo charged LS, maybe? :D:D:D

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 241
  • 002.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
I maintained this 2000 BMW 328 for my brother and then my niece from the day it was new.

15 years and 168K miles later my brother called me and said:

"Hey, I just bought Cara (my niece) a new car and as you know, the 528 is in your BMW shop right now. As a thank you for always being there when it came to that car, just go pay for the current repair bill and you can have it, that is, if you want it."

$604 later, it was mine. I put some money into minor cosmetic repairs and Viola!

Next, a twin turbo charged LS, maybe? :D:D:D
Those are awesome cars. They do last forever. Have a 2000 528i myself

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
I got two vehicles that are my daily drivers both are well known makes for being able to go high miles with zero issues. The cheap one I bought like 3 years ago 1996 Ford ranger pick up manual shift. Zero rust. Restored it. Parts are cheap. Doesn't leak oil doesn't use oil even the AC works. Has 178,000 miles on it. Best $2800 I ever spent. Had 155,000 on it when I got it.

Other vehicle is a 2004 Honda Accord V6 silver with black leather all the records, not smoked trans was rebuilt year before I got it. Great car took 5 weeks to buy it as the seller was at $5700 and I was at $4000 he could not believe how stubborn I was to deal with...got it for $4400 and 5 weeks of patience. I enjoy the hunt and the number of cars I have owned as daily drivers would fill a book. My wife has two cars she uses. Had a 2004 Impala prior. Honda far better car. First Honda I ever owned. Had BMWs, Audis, Infinitys, in the past.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The Honda has heated seats and sirrus radio two things I require for our area of the country.

I have used fox mustangs as daily drivers for years. My 90 GT I bought from the original owner who I have worked with 18 years. Bone stock 5 speed 2.73 gears. 26.9 mpg on 60 mile commute 1 way running the ac full time. Almost 28 without running ac. Cheap to fix and plentiful parts.