You can type here any text you want

fc227 full1/4 mile pass .mpg

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone.

I have added a MPG file to my web site. This is a full 1/4-mile pass back 2 summers ago when it was about 90° out. She only ran a 13.6 @ 98 MPH. If you listen you can hear the 10.5" slicks chirp though each gear change.

"www.mindspring.com/~fc227/fred2.mpg"

It's a regular Mpeg file. I thought I played though my windows media player version 7.01.

Is there something I'm missing with the "codec". Can I set that?

Is it working or is there still a problem ? It is working for me.

Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)

Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)

An invalid media type was specified. (Error=80040200)

thats whati get with media player 6 on my work compuiter..

i got divx 5.02 installed on my home computer which didnt work either.. =(

! damn!

Ok, I'll try to reload (upload) the file again. This evening or this weekend.

It's not working from a work computer either. :(

Fred, I couldn't even find the file. I did find & download your day-o file and your file called run2(1/4 mile run). Very nice run too.
Do you have your index password protected? If you do it doesn't work, I think that I could alter files there...NOT that I would..

Jim

Oh I have found that copy paste does work well with larger files. Using a ftp (free) program works the best.

I removed it and going to attempt to reload it. Some how it got corrupt.

Well, I don't know what is going on. It must be a codec supply with the Voodo 3 video capture card I'm using. Work fine on my machine, but no others. I did an AVI file but it's 50 Meg in size. Will not fit on my web site.

Did anyone try it with real player? , The file is off the site, but I will try to reload it tonight.

Well, I have been doing a little research. The file is an MPEG-2 file. Now a question to the group. Is there a MPEG2 player out there for windows?

Back