Feels like a freaken Earthquake!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
My electric fan took a dump on me yesterday so I installed a good used one. I have to admit it does feel stronger than my old one, even when my old one was working good. But this fan make the entire car shake. It freaken sucks :mad: . I checked all the brackets and looked at all the blades on the unit but everthing seems to be O.K. The car feels like a race car when that thing turns on and I hate it cause I can't feel If I have a miss or anything motor wise. The steering wheel shakes like the world is about to end. :mad:

Is their a solution to this?

:mad:

TIA

I wonder if you could trim a little material off one of the blades?? Good luck finding the right one though! Just a thought...

Any chance your replacement fan is 'pushing', rather than 'pulling' air through it...might have your described results if this were the case. Dunno, just a thought.
Jim

It shouldn't be too hard to find the heavy fan blade. Spin it by hand and when it stops, the bottom will be the heavy one. Mark it...and spin again....it should stop on bottom again.

If the fan is new, I'd go exchange it for another one. If you can feel it that much, it is VERY out of balance (or out of round).

Jimn8or makes a good point. I would also confirm that is sucking and not pushing.

No guys, I know it's not a pusher.

Thanks for the great tip OKTurbo.

J.C. , I'm going to have to try that this weekend end.

Does anybody know if I can buy just the motor at an auto parts store or something? How much?

It's just undriveable!
:mad: :mad:

It feels like it's running on 5 cylinders! (It's Not)

:mad: :mad: :mad: