You can type here any text you want

Fel-Pro Head Bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stuckinarut

Have any of you run these head bolts before, and if so how much boost have you subjected them to?

Head bolts. They came with a rebuild kit, just wondering if they are strong enough to hold 23# boost when torqued to 80#.

Never heard of these. Unless their stamped then I'd doubt their made by Felpro but I could be wrong. I'd invest in ARP's. Cheap insurance.

The Felpro [Sealed Power] engine gasket kits we have used for the 1987 GN does not come with head bolts? :confused:

If the are if fact the proper size for your 1987 engine, they would be torque-to-yield, so you can only use them once.

I've used these bolts with felpro gaskets 20psi plus 100shot of N20 they are still hanging in there.

How did you torque them Warwagon? Did you use the special tool they recommend (go past 90 degrees or something) or did you just torque them to 80lbs.

I've used these a few times actually the first set I just torqued them to 80 then the last few sets I torqued them to their spec.

Thanks Warwagon. Gives me a little more confidence to up the boost to 23#. My as well run them until a head lifts or gasket blows then switch to the ARP studs.

I'm using them with stock head gaskets and running 23-24# of boost with no issues running low 11's :)

Back