You can type here any text you want

Festival Car info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Does anybody know if there is actual documentation that shows your car was a festival car? I was going to try the pontiac historical website but i'm not convinced that it will provide that kind of information.
When i bought the car it came with some documents from the p.h.s., but all it has is the build number. I've been told my car is a festival car, and i believe there was some info here on these forums regarding the vin number which my vin number matched up to.

I'd try emailing or calling them but there is no contact info on their website. You have to mail or fax in the information if you are interested in purchasing their package.

Anybody with a festival car have documentation? Thanks

You can tell from the delivery dealership on the reproduction window sticker you will receive from PHS. I will have to dig mine up, but if I remember correctly it was Corral Pontiac in Indiana. Their were two dealerships which did the prep on the cars.

Of course the car must have the cloth/T-top combination. With a build number below 200. All of the festival cars were built early.

I was also fortunate enough to get the Indianapolis registration information from May of 1989 for my car, which shows my plate number at Indy was 130.

Some of the cars have a number written behing the rear license plate. But that could be faked.

- Dave

Thanks.

I may go ahead and get the reproduction sticker. Hopefully its the same dealer as yours. Just adds to more evidence.

My car is build #99 according to PHS and it is a cloth t-top combo. There are no marking behind that plate that i can tell.

#99 is certainly early enough to be a festival car. Mine is #90. They were built within a few days of each other.

- Dave

isn't it john that can get you all that info about festival cars??? he has a list of who drove your car at the race and stuff also i think...

I have tried contacting John Pearcy who has also been a great help in answering a lot of my questions and has great service. He does not have that kind of information and suggested trying the PHS.

I remember reading on this website also that he may have that kind of information. I guess not.

Back