You can type here any text you want

Festival car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
.I'm considering selling this car, she is a festival car, the motor needs the crankshaft cut, a new balancer, and timing chain, I have every part for this car sitting in the back in plastic containers, I believe the car has about 80k I will have to look to be sure, the car ran beautifully for the 50 miles I drove (thanks Tom) my total investment into this car including the new motor I have in the machine shop, is about $20,000, so that's only about $400 per mile, well that's not to bad, I believe the SR 71 Black Hawk is slightly less to operate.......

I would like to get over 7k for the car and if someone was interested in my machine motor, I would be willing to let the motor go for $4000 if you also purchased the car, if you wish to purchase just the motor, I will probably be looking to get at least 4500.

I do not want to put the car on eBay I would prefer to offer the car to someone here first, I am also going to be listing the car in the part and cars for sale section. I will be taking private messages on best offers. This is a great car for someone who once a project, and being this is a festival car it makes it worth it, she is No. 77. I have all paperwork on this car from Pontiac.

Attachments

• DSC04478.JPG
    DSC04478.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC04466.JPG
    DSC04466.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC04468.JPG
    DSC04468.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC04474.JPG
    DSC04474.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC04477.JPG
    DSC04477.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 125
madhat said:
what is a "festival car"?
Most all TTA's were leather interior which wear really easy on the seat bolster where you get in and out of the car...... the first TTA's were called "festival cars" which among other things... had cloth interior..... I don't know the exact numbers.... but most of the 1555 TTA's built in '89 were leather T-Top cars. The cloth is more rare..... and IMHO more desireable.... cause most probably look better on the above mentioned seat bolster.... when compared to the leather interior ones....

Number Options
------------------------------------------------
1,324 T-Top & Leather Interior
187 T-Top & Cloth Interior
24 Hardtop & Leather Interior
15 Hardtop & Cloth Interior (Base)
1,550 Total Production Cars

4 Pilot Cars with T-Top & Cloth Interior
1 Pilot Cars with Hardtop & Leather Interior
5 Total Pilot (Pre-Production) Cars

================================================
1,555 Total Cars Built

A festival car is one that was at the track during the prerace festivals, this car was actually on the Indianapolis 500 track.

Thank you for the information, although we are not in a finacial situationright now, my wife wants one in the future and it is good to know some of the terms. :)

Back