You can type here any text you want

Few Q's about TTA's.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unicronus

was here..
Okay, I know they're Trans Am bodies with the heart of a Turbo T.

Being a big fan of the 3.8 SFI Turbo Six, and the extreme price spike in Regals/Grand Nationals, I've begun looking into a TTA.

1; the Gauges, is there room for a boost guage anywhere near the stock speedo/tach? I like the fact that I can get GNX style gauges in the GN and toss a boost guage in there.

2; Is it a posi-rear just like the GN?

3; The Grand Touring suspension, did it make it onto the TTA as well?

4; Reguardless of what they call the suspension, how does the TTA handle in comparison to a Grand National?

5; Would one be able to fit a front mount in one of these cars?

Thank you for your time, its very appreciated.

1. It would be interesting to put a boost gauge anywhere in the gauge cluster. There is a stock boost gauge actually on the tach but its hardly accurate.

2. To the best my Knowledge they all have posi...

3. All TTA's were fully optioned giving them the 1LE suspension package for the thirdgen with beefy sway bars and c4 style front brakes...

4. Hell ya its gonna smoke a stock GN in the twisties. I have Eibach springs with bilstien shocks, with a few other odds and ends, but i can smoke a suburu STI in the twisties no problem! Regardless the tires are usually the biggest limiting factor...

5. Ive seen it done but its got to be hard to do and im not sure if theres a huge advantage or not, reason being the TTA has a solid front bumper with no grille or holes for air to reach the intercooler. In stock form there is a scoop that grabs air from down low under the car and directs it on intercooler...

macatoni said:
1. It would be interesting to put a boost gauge anywhere in the gauge cluster. There is a stock boost gauge actually on the tach but its hardly accurate.

2. To the best my Knowledge they all have posi...

3. All TTA's were fully optioned giving them the 1LE suspension package for the thirdgen with beefy sway bars and c4 style front brakes...

4. Hell ya its gonna smoke a stock GN in the twisties. I have Eibach springs with bilstien shocks, with a few other odds and ends, but i can smoke a suburu STI in the twisties no problem! Regardless the tires are usually the biggest limiting factor...

5. Ive seen it done but its got to be hard to do and im not sure if theres a huge advantage or not, reason being the TTA has a solid front bumper with no grille or holes for air to reach the intercooler. In stock form there is a scoop that grabs air from down low under the car and directs it on intercooler...

Thanks so much for the information. Wonder how well a Ram air hood feeding onto a custom top mount IC would work...

EDIT; one last question; how hard is it to remove the big "pace car" vinyls? Car theft is a bit frightening, and I'm concerned it would be a big "steal me" sign.

Not sure how hard its gonna be to remove the decal, not easy though. The owner before me had a set printed onto a magnet so i can put it on and drive around and when im worried they just pop right off. However they dont stay on the car at about 100mph and now i only have one side!!!

You'll find a lot of information (both technical and anecdotal) in the TTA FAQ List at the top of this forum. The top three links will keep you reading for hours, answering most of your questions and then some. The LC2 is why I bought my TTA :)

Back