Fiberglass Hoods

I just bought one, is a lighter spring necessary when you move it to the core support and if so, where do i get one? Is there a certain place it should be mounted that works better and how are you guys attaching it to the support?

A weaker release spring is recommended. You can find one in your local hardware store. Some guys have used a spring from a Pop Up Sprinkler. You will also need Fiberglass Struts or Weak worn out struts. The hood struts for a metal hood will be too strong.

If you wind up down in Florida to pick one of Cal's hoods up and have room for a second, I could sure use some help getting one up to Canada as well. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.
did you ever get a fiberglass hood ?

I just bought one, is a lighter spring necessary when you move it to the core support and if so, where do i get one? Is there a certain place it should be mounted that works better and how are you guys attaching it to the support?
Hi , I just bought a Hartline hood , could you shoot me a picture of the spring mounted on your rad support ? Thank you

Hi , I just bought a Hartline hood , could you shoot me a picture of the spring mounted on your rad support ? Thank you

You can get a spring from your local hardware store.
Some guys have used a spring out of a Pop Up Sprinkler.
It doesn't take much spring pressure to release the hood.